Home | Reviews | Hub | WTB

WTB LaserDisc Super Duty 135 Rear Hub

Tired of blowing out the weak-ass, mass-produced hubs that come stock on trail bikes Build a wheel around the WTB LaserDisc Superduty Rear Hub. The LaserDisc is spaced at 135 millimeters, so, while it won't work on your DH-specific 150 rear end, it makes a tough starting point for any all-mountain or freeride wheel.

Submitted by winsail a Cross Country Rider

Date Reviewed: November 15, 2012

Strengths:    These are strong light hubs that can take punishment. They are very easy to service. Pretty quiet.

Weaknesses:    None so far

Bottom Line:
I've been riding this hub since I built my latest wheelset 11 months ago. I only have one bike and ride over 4 days a week. I just serviced them which was a snap and only had to clean and replace the grease around pawls. The sealed bearings are in great shape still.
These look remarkably the same as the American Classic rear hub and cost me a fraction of the price. I cannot say enough good things about this hub. I would buy another and suggest it to all my riding friends. The weight is comparable to very high end x-country hubs. No I do not work for WTB. I just like to shout out when I find a great product.

Favorite Trail:   Enchanted Loop