White Industries M16 Disc Rear Hub

Hand polished aluminum shell, ISO disc brake rotor mount, 15mm light weight cro-mo axle, three 6902-2rs bearings and two 6802-2rs bearings, case hardened cro-mo electroless nickel plated freehub body, 24t engagement drive ring.

Submitted by mkk a Cross Country Rider from CO

Date Reviewed: May 13, 2011

Strengths:    Keeps on rolling; quality; sounds great; looks great.

Weaknesses:    ?

Bottom Line:
super high quality at a price slightly less than other high quality hubs. classic appearance. seems pretty easy to maintain.

Purchased At:   Orion

Similar Products Used:   WTB, Shimano

Bike Setup:   2 wheels on a steel frame

Submitted by Jay a Cross Country Rider from Northern Berkshires, MA USA

Date Reviewed: November 22, 2008

Strengths:    This review applies to ss wheels built with White disc hubs, ENO rear, with a White freewheel.
Very smooth running hubs. Freewheel engages immediately. No maintenance.

Weaknesses:    none to report

Bottom Line:
I ride in New England, two hours a day, six days a week, rain or shine. When the snow is deep enough I skate ski. Today the temperature was around ten, and windy. Last summer was wet. One afternoon I went out in a downpour, that worsened to the point that I needed a headlamp at mid-afternoon. The trail was a river. For two hours I rode in these conditions. I have never done more than hosed my bike down when returning from whatever the day on the trail left pasted on it. Today it's ice. All summer it was mud, and in the fall it was leaves mixed with mud. I can't say I have ever had dust on my bike. These hubs and the freewheel have performed flawlessly. When I needed another rear wheel, I went with White. No complaints. Just brilliant performance. I don't want to waste time fussing with my bike, and I don't want to have a mechanical off in the woods at night when snow is flitting through the trees. Except for the time the Salsa broke on me- I rode out with a broken downtube- I've had no issues with the setup, and I am building another bike with White Hubs, freewheel, and crankset. So you could say that I am sold on the company's products based on my experience with their hubs and freewheel.

Favorite Trail:   Kiln

Similar Products Used:   this that and the other.

Bike Setup:   rigid single speed: Salsa ala Carte, Soma 415, Sycip Diesel, Taylor AB. Vicious fork. Nevegal 2.35 Stick-E's. Ergon grips. Selle San Marco Pirelli saddle. Phil BB. King headset.

Submitted by bitflogger a Cross Country Rider from Middleton, WI

Date Reviewed: August 29, 2008

Strengths:    Quality, strength, choice of steel or titanium driver/spline and a better price than other high end made in US hubs. 15 mm. axle for legacy quick release.

Weaknesses:    None.

Bottom Line:
Super hubs with no soft aluminum splines to get chewed up. The option to have polished metal is also nice because that's the traditional sign of quality for us old farts.

Purchased At:   Yellow Jersey

Similar Products Used:   About everything over decades of biking with enthusiasm.

Bike Setup:   Transition Covert, MI6 hubs with DT Swiss 5.1 D rims.

Submitted by randy calvin a Cross Country Rider from coloma ca

Date Reviewed: March 29, 2008

Strengths:    fast smoth last forever

Weaknesses:    only one color

Bottom Line:
Used white hubs since 1989 tried others none have rolled so fast and held up so well

Favorite Trail:   mickey mouse

Purchased At:   river rat mtn bikes