Sun-Ringle Disc Jockey Rear Hub Hub

• Laser Engraved Graphics
  • Four Sealed Cartridge Bearings

Submitted by chantheman84 a Weekend Warrior from Lakeland, FL

Date Reviewed: October 11, 2011

Strengths:    Very good design for the price, freehub is on spot and locks, bang for the buck!$189 for the wheelset!

Weaknesses:    Ain't no I9,

Bottom Line:
No Problems for XC/AM , bearings keep the dirt out and the smoothness in, Bashing the crap out these wheelset at the local trail but they just won't give, I can usually kill anything but these look like thier going to last. Period.

Favorite Trail:   The one I'm riding

Purchased At:   JensonUSA

Similar Products Used:   Shimano hubs

Bike Setup:   09' Specialized FSR XC,Marz Z1 freeride forks,X fusion RC02 rear shok,Shimano crk & FD, Sram Shifters & RD Ritchey Comp stem/bars, Avid bb7 Sun EQ25 mated to the Disc jockey hubs.

Submitted by Hez a Downhiller from Spain

Date Reviewed: June 14, 2011

Strengths:    Indestructible thing. Very precise. Easy to mantain. Good relationship quality/price. Awesome hub music.

Weaknesses:    Weight.

Bottom Line:
I've purchased a wheelset 10years ago and still doing fine with no manteniance at all.
I've used it in my previos freeride bike (stinky dee lux) from 2001 to 2006 and then the went to 3 different NS Suburban frames untill now.
It's worth to soy that i'm 100kg and 1.90m tall.
Did I mentioned the awesome sound?

Favorite Trail:   Rocky DHs and Dirt Jump

Purchased At:   Jenson USA

Similar Products Used:   Hope, Shimano, King, Syncros, Coda, etc.

Bike Setup:   now using it in a NS Suburban SingleSpeed (with dmr kit), one brake only, bmx bb, etc. Dirt Jumping bike.

Submitted by P.E.Rudy a Cross Country Rider from Kutztown, PA

Date Reviewed: April 14, 2010

Strengths:    Spin forever and a day

Weaknesses:    Not very blingy looking and the SOS rims are hard to get some tires to seat after a new tube goes in: Nevegals are hard to seat and High Rollers are not - go figure.

Bottom Line:
So far, I haven't found any issues with these hubs or rims. They are way better than my XT hubs I had on my last set. They will spin forever when I flip the bike over to check if my rotors are bent. Front hub is whisper silent and the rear hub a terrific sound. Not nearly as loud as the Hope's or King's, but loud enough to alert my buddies in front of me "I'm on your ass" without being annoying. I can compare the sound to that of a bee that buzzes just past your ear and gets you to move your head just quick enough before you get stung. That's right, baby - get out of the way before you get stung.

Tom below may have just gotten a bad one, because I haven't had a problem in over 6 months of very technical riding here in E. PA. Lots of rocks!! Plus, I read that the SOS rims are not very good, but I haven't had a problem with those either. I haven't had them trued since I bought them last August. Probably could use some tightening now, but I have a ton of hard miles on them. The set is a bit on the heavy side, but I am used to it and don't really care about being first up the hill. However, coming down I'll sneak up and sting you with these hubs and wheels. I expect to have these hubs a long time even if I do end up destroying the rims or decide to go lighter with the rims someday.

Favorite Trail:   The one I'm on

Purchased At:   King's Cyclery as a

Similar Products Used:   XT hubs laced to mavic 223's

Bike Setup:   '07 Santa Cruz Heckler with DHX 5.0 air, Manitou Minute 130mm coil, XT d'train, Avid mech. stoppers, Sun Ringle SOS rims laced to these Disc Jockey hubs

Submitted by Ali a Weekend Warrior from Near Brighton, West Sussex, England

Date Reviewed: November 26, 2006

Strengths:    amazinly strong, light, SUPER FAST PICK UP, look good with the design

Weaknesses:    can be quite nosiy with the amount of clicks

Bottom Line:
very very very good hubs, not many people will have them so look good and the speed of acceleration is emmence

Purchased At:   ebay as wheelset

Bike Setup:   GT idrive 5 with these hubs on MTX rims, mantiou Nixon forks ect...

Submitted by Tom a Cross Country Rider from Philly

Date Reviewed: June 2, 2006

Strengths:    I purchased these as part of the disc jockey wheelset, which aside from awful stickers looks pretty nice.

Weaknesses:    loud as hell, which wasn't the end of the world. They also didn't roll very well and the pawls stripped after 150 miles or so.

Bottom Line:
perhaps I bought a bad one, but these were some of the worst hubs I've used. The surly help at Ringle was no help and merely sold me replacement pawls. Thought I'd try something besides the value of shimano and I got burned. For shame ringle, for shame.

Favorite Trail:   wissahickon