Industry Nine Classic Rear Hub

ForThose of youThat would likeThe durability,andThe ultimate in axle convertibility without a proprietary spokesystem,The classic hub is for you. I9Tried a lot of differentbearingsTo find somethingThat will hold upTo a variety of situations,finally deciding on ABEC 5 grade Japanese bearingsdueToTheir superior seals and durability.The Industry Nine drive mechanism is aTried-and-truepawl arrangement. When engaged, each ofTheThree driving pawls itselfhasThree points, providing nine points of contac

Submitted by Lionel Lim

Date Reviewed: May 16, 2013

Strengths:    I've been using these babies (in orange too, to match the color of my bike) for a little over a year now. And they've performed flawlessly. I was told I'd need to have them re-tensioned after a certain break-in period. I forgot about that and they've been running true regardless. Probably just playing safe and I'll get them looked at soon. But still, I think the quality and durability is worth every cent. Engagement is near instantaneous, compared to the Shimano XT hubs on my other bike. And the sounds, oh my, what a sound. I get second looks from other bikers probably because it's a sound they're not familiar with.

Weaknesses:    None so far. The hubs have performed flawlessly without so much as a squiggle.

Bottom Line:
Great product. If you can afford them, go for these babies.

Submitted by t0pcat

Date Reviewed: October 20, 2012

Strengths:    Nearly instant engagement,will take most any axle

Weaknesses:    none so far other than being a bit pricy

Bottom Line:
Just got this and think all bikes should come with this quality rear hub.With 120 poe there is almost instant engagement which makes tech riding much easier( no need to allow time for the crank to engage the hub) so its much easier to miss rocks with your pedals. Its not as noisy as the youtube vids would make you think if i pass a parked car or something i can hear it but not loudly and don't notice the sound otherwise. sharp looking in my opinion. Will report back after i've had them a while. So far i think their great!

Submitted by rat s rectum a Cross Country Rider

Date Reviewed: June 15, 2012

Strengths:    Very well designed and built. Very strong and weather resistant

Weaknesses:    None so far

Bottom Line:
I have ridden four seasons of backcountry self-supported multiday rides and enduros on most weekends. The backcountry and enduro rides include stream crossings, mud, rain, snow, and then dust.

Once a month I pull the cassette and clean the exterior. We pulled the hub apart for the first time Feb 2012 and found 1 cracked pall.

This is a well designed and built rear hub. The original bearings are fine and spin without noise or rough spots.

Favorite Trail:   Any