Chris King King Front Hub 32 Hole Hub

Chris King Classic hubs are the ultimate lightweight, high performance hubs. And, at only 268g for the rear and 112g for the front, it's hard to believe that they are also the toughest hubs out there.

Submitted by Maxim a Cross Country Rider from Urawa

Date Reviewed: September 15, 2006

Strengths:    72pt

Weaknesses:    Price
If you tell something they'd like not to hear, chris king won't give you warranty
Customer service
5-year kid level drilling job
bearing
rolling resistance

Bottom Line:
The one I purchased today was the worst hub.
(king SS rear hub)

Spoke hole drilling was worse than chinese hub.

I mailed king and they rejected my mail address.

I've paid $400 and got the botch.

I complaint Ms Adrian Knapp about bearing price before and sounds like she put my address to black list.

You can try my e-mail address vengo_subito@hotmail.com and
chris king rejects it and other fake email pass.

Bike Setup:   All of my bikes were equipped with king hubs and won't in the future

Submitted by Joe Roberts from Tacoma, WA

Date Reviewed: October 25, 2004

Strengths:    Durable

Weaknesses:    NONE

Bottom Line:
10 years on front hub!!!! I have never had a problem and only had it serviced once after a very brutal and mucky season of recing. XTR Rear needs to rebuilt at least twice a year! DOn't bother with anything else. Save your money and purchase a King don't be fooled by other claims otherwise you will keep on buying!

Similar Products Used:   XT

Bike Setup:   Klein, not a treck. XTR, CK, XT

Submitted by MO a Cross Country Rider from Vancouver, BC, Canada

Date Reviewed: June 10, 2004

Strengths:    These hubs are rock solid, customer service is exceptional and without a doubt the best Mountain Bike Company in existance.

Bottom Line:

The warranty on King products are the best in the industry. I have a 7 year old hub and they have offered a free upgrade to my hubs. The hubs have proven there worth as I have spent $0 on them. I had broken enough free-hub bodies to pay for these in 2 years of using regular hubs. In 10 minutes you can service the hubs and be up and running again.

My front hub had spent a winter of riding on Blue Mountain where you submerge the front wheel in muck every ride. After 4 months of this I took them apart and found not one drop of moisture or muck in the bearings.

Yes they may feel like they have drag but try putting a load on the bearings and then try and see how well they role. What counts is the ability of bearings to roll freely while under load not zero load. Also the ability to keep crap out means that the seals have some drag but this is so minuscule as to be laughable that someone might be concerned. Wait to you have dirt in the bearings and see how well your XTR hubs roll.

The bearings don't need adjustment if you tighten the adjuster correctly. Again 7-8 years of experience has shown this to be true.

Similar Products Used:   XT, American classic, Hayes

Bike Setup:   Cove Hummer

Submitted by emory ehrenfeld a Cross Country Rider from harrisburg, pa usa

Date Reviewed: December 19, 2001

Strengths:    reliability, strength, and elimulates fork flex.

Weaknesses:    Muddy weather.

Bottom Line:
I love this hub because it solves all the problems I have with every front hub. I get flex out of Shimino hubs after 6 months of riding. I also got the same wear out of the Bontrager hub. My White Brother hub just locked up, so I wanted a reliable hub.

The one junior racer on the MTB team, who I use to race for in 1996, asked the bike shop sponser to sell it to me for $75 and I biult it up on a mavic ceramic rim in 1996. I road the hub the past three seasons and on found one problem.

I road some muddy areas and my hub creaked and didn't spin too well. Took an allen wrench to the axle and just put some grease in the sealed bearings. I didn't get the adjustments correct, so for $5 my local bike adjusted right for me. I did this in 1999 and didn't have to make any adjustments or replace any bearing on it. Still haven't got any flex from the 20mm axle, so it's doing the work I expected from the hub.

I recommend anybody who wants a stiff hub and less maintance to buy this hub. The money you spend on replacing all the other hubs we pay for this hub in the long run.

Favorite Trail:   any trail not closed

Purchased At:   Bought off junior racer on team who won hub at MTB race.

Similar Products Used:   White brothers, shimino lx and xt hubs, and Bontrager hub on my Sugar-3 bike.

Bike Setup:   cross country full supension.