Chris King King Discotek Front 32 Hole Hub

3.67/5 (3 Reviews)

Weighing in at only 282g for the rear and 150g for the front, the Chris King Disc hubs are not your standard issue, boat anchor, downhill gear.

With Chris's standard 19.5mm axle, proven bearings, and the patented RingDrive engagement mechanism, these hubs provide the performance demanded of cross-country racing yet are fully capable of handling hard downhill abuse.

Submitted by Maxim a Cross Country Rider from Urawa

Date Reviewed: September 15, 2006

Strengths:    72pt

Weaknesses:    Price
If you tell something they'd like not to hear, chris king won't give you warranty
Customer service
5-year kid level drilling job
bearing
rolling resistance

Bottom Line:
The one I purchased today was the worst hub.
(king SS rear hub)

Spoke hole drilling was worse than the chinese hub.

I mailed king and they rejected my mail address.

I've paid $400 and got the botch.

I complaint Ms Adrian Knapp about bearing price before and sounds like she put my address to black list.

You can try my e-mail address vengo_subito@hotmail.com and
chris king rejects it and other fake email pass.

Bike Setup:   All of my bikes were equipped with king hubs and won't in the future

Submitted by Andrew P a Weekend Warrior from Rolla, MO

Date Reviewed: March 22, 2006

Strengths:    Smooth action, great engagement, geat customer service

Weaknesses:    when purchased the guy didn't tell me he had cross threaded the axel (no fault on the manufacturer for this)

Bottom Line:
This hub is everything you could want it to be a great piece of equpiment that you put on your bike and forget about.. When I took it to the LBS for a tuneup. They couldn't get it appart so they shipped the wheel to king who promply replaced the drive shell / axel because it was cross threaded... The only expense I had in this was for a tuneup (by king) and the shipping... This hub is as new again and will be for a long time

Favorite Trail:   Council Bluffs

Purchased At:   classifides

Similar Products Used:   XT hubs, cheap hubs, DT Swiss 240s

Bike Setup:   Enduro FSR Swinger 3-way hubs laced to mavic x 217s

Submitted by Matt Gersib a Racer from Lincoln, NE

Date Reviewed: January 2, 2002

Strengths:    The best axle design on the market. The best bearings on the market. Awesome design. Smart execution.

Weaknesses:    None so far.... I suppose I could say that they're expensive, but I believe that the value is that I won't have to replace the hub for a long, long time, and during that time, the hub will perform better than any other similar hub on the market.

Bottom Line:
In my opinion, this is the best disc hub on the market because of the axle design. Hugi 240s are about the same weight, but aren't nearly as stiff. My suspension fork tracks noticably better with the King hub, which is very cool.

Favorite Trail:   Judd's Trail in Nederland, CO.

Purchased At:   Chris King

Similar Products Used:   King non-disc hubs, Hugi 240, Shimano XT (disc and non-disc) and XTR

Bike Setup:   Klein Adept custom, Manitou X-Vert Super fork, XTR components.