BombShell MotoFin Rear Disc Hub Hub

2.8/5 (5 Reviews)

• Cooling fin design and large flanges
  • 7075 cassette body with 30 detent cam and pawl
  • High precision sealed bearings
  • Available with 12 mm through axle
  • Hayes or universal disk mounting.
  • Available in 36 hole.

• Review Options:  Sorted by Latest Review | Sort by Best Rating

Submitted by Dropman from pg

Date Reviewed: April 6, 2004

Strengths:    durable construction, good price point

Weaknesses:    .

Bottom Line:
    thought i'd post a follow up since having my hub warrantied right when it was brand new with a defect it has been bomb proof, it has been completely reliable outlived a rimset and is still going strong, it's a great quality hub

Bike Setup:   03 Banshee Scream

Submitted by Eric James a Downhiller from Gettysburg, PA

Date Reviewed: July 18, 2003

Strengths:    Really nice looking hub. I like the cooling fins. Cartridge bearings. Newer ones are really strong.

Weaknesses:    I had a soft free wheel and a bad axle when it came on my DaBomb Mindbomb. The guys at Bombshell took care of that for me and it has been trouble free since then. The Cromoly free wheel hub is so nice it can't be compared to the die cast units on the early hubs

Bottom Line:
    I think it is a good hub. I have always had excellent service from Bombshell, and once they placed the updated parts in it the hub has worked flawlessly. I don't want to attack anyone, but ripping off the flange? How was the hub laced. I have the 32 hole hub and I always have it 3crossed whenever I replace rims. I don't want to speak for Bombshell, but I am pretty sure that this hub shouldn't be radially spoked. Either way. I'm sorry that people had bad luck with the product. I did too, but Bombshell made it right and it has been working fine for a year of use/abuse with no signs of stopping.

Favorite Trail:   Abbie trail

Purchased At:   super go

Similar Products Used:   Mostly Shimano

Bike Setup:   Customized Mongoose Maneuver 2002. I'll just say I had a lot of fun with a torch and a lathe. Now I have a lot of fun with +8" of rear wheel travel, 18 speeds, and no pedal induced bob. :)

Submitted by Dropman a Downhiller from PG

Date Reviewed: August 22, 2002

Strengths:    strong

Weaknesses:    *hope u didn't get the bad batch*

Bottom Line:
    this rear hub has worked very well EXCEPT when i originally got it i blew it out 30 minutes into my first DH run, this royally pissed me off since these aren't exactly cheap. It was warrantied they said they had problems with a batch of them and it was solved i've now been riding them for 4 or 5 months with 0 problems, they have been great. I just hope u dont get one of thier bad batches ;)

Similar Products Used:   shimano crap ;p

Bike Setup:   KHS Fetish blah blah etc

Submitted by Jason Aurit a Weekend Warrior from Colorado Springs

Date Reviewed: August 8, 2002

Strengths:    NONE

Weaknesses:    I got this piece of crap with my daBomb bike from price point. I was peddling standing up when I grenaded it. I couldn't believe it. DON'T BUY one unles you want to buy a new one with in 20 minutes of riding.

Bottom Line:
    This piece of crap should give me chillis. Don't even think about wasting your money on it. I'm jut glad it came with the bike and I didn't have to shell out 180 bucks for it...

Favorite Trail:   CPT Jack

Purchased At:   price point

Bike Setup:   Da Bomb Mindbomb

Submitted by Jahiba Matushu from california

Date Reviewed: March 8, 2002

Strengths:    Nothing the biggest peace of dog pile i have ever used, do not buy be aware, i have a knot the size of a golf ball on my ankle do to this Hub!!

Weaknesses:    Well for starters the flange broke,you know the one that is huge and suppost to be super beefy yeah right!!! Then the freebody broke and i had a new one put in under warranty, two days later the freebody snapped completley off. when i called to see if i could get a new freebody the guy told me that i was 1of4 people who had broken the freebodies, but he sad that if he were to give me another one it would do the same thing and break!!! what kind of bull shizniz is that nice come back for your $190.00 hub. he offered to fix it but i would have to leave my bike for 3 hours for a job that would take anybody, oh i don't know 5 minutes tops. then i asked him if i could just get the freebody and do it myself and he told me, no because they were to busy, busy with what? with product this crapy i don't see who would by this cheap kmart, china man, horses monkey baboons but, anyway!!One Thing and One Thing For Sure PRECISSION BILLET MY Ash!!!

Bottom Line:
    Ths sphincter valve is worse than a shimano stx hub. just imagine that!!