Vee Rubber Race V Folding 29 29er Tire

The Vee Rubber Race V Folding 29er Tire is designed to be a winner, be it for racing or general riding. Ramped and tapered center knobs for traction combined with diamond shaped transition knobs give great control. Tie bars between side knobs and transition knobs add control in corners. The Vee Rubber Race V Folding 29er Tire is built with a folding bead, dual compound, and 120 TPI casing material. This tire is intended for multi-trail conditions but works best on soft-medium conditions.

Submitted by JOSE a All Mountain Rider

Date Reviewed: September 2, 2014

Strengths:    This is a light weight very fast tire great for straight track, starts much faster, is easier to gain speed with less effort. Used as front tire in dry conditions, developed very well. he best performance was in hard trails and rock tracks. great tire specialy for the low price.

Weaknesses:    In loose dirt is a little bit inesatable, also cornering needs to slow a little. Not the best for downhills.

Bottom Line:
EXCELENT TIRE! I bought this one as a fornt tire and also the vee rubber mission as rear for a 24hr mtb race and it didn´t disapointed me. Is the first time I buy vee rubber brand and I enjoyed a lot the performance of this tire. It developed very well. I used 37psi, as front tire in dry conditions, but we had a couple of mud parts in the race and the tire developed very well. I saw other racers with their tires full of mud, but not me. this is a very fast tire great for straight tracks, I bought this because the Kenda Nevegal I had are very heavey and with this tire I droped 300grms (.66lbs). this tire starts much faster, is easier to gain speed with less effort and in single tracks made the job. In downhills they are not the best, I would change to my old Nevegal. In loose dirt it is a little bit inestable, and atacking corners at high speed they where good, but I had to slow in every corner, so maybe they could be better, but they did the job. Since I installed this tire in my bike it´s been 3 times out and the race, and since that I haven´t flat tire, it performes excelente with slime tubes. the best performance was in hard trails and rock tracks. It´s the greates deal I had for my bike. Cheap tire with great performance. well done Vee Ruber!!!