Specialized Fast Trak LK S-Works 29er Tire

Butyl Wrapped Bead to prevent low pressure burping
Reinforced side knobs

Submitted by gee7879 a Weekend Warrior from frazeysburg,Ohio,usa

Date Reviewed: August 5, 2011

Strengths:    Better than the wtb's I had.

Weaknesses:    Front end washes out at no matter what pressure I run in them. Not enough bite for me. They slide off roots like there is grease on them.

Bottom Line:
These would probably be fine if used for xc only not am. Really disappointed. Will use only if I have no choice. I tried different pressures and nothing seemed to work ran them as low as 25 Psi and as high as 55 psi. Fine in a straight line. Climbed ok some spinning on roots.

Favorite Trail:   any

Purchased At:   came on bike

Similar Products Used:   Wtb???, IRD fire xc pro's <~~~awsome tire

Bike Setup:   Stumpjumper marathon SS, reba, dt Swiss

Submitted by jackdz a Racer from Ohio

Date Reviewed: June 4, 2011

Strengths:    Lightweight, traction, durability. My experience is, they are best on hard packed or loose over hard. I have a lot of cofidence with these tires in moderater rock gardens.

Weaknesses:    The clogg up in the mud. Probably not a good tire for hucksters or all mountain riders.

Bottom Line:
I don't have any complaints with these tires. I have heard a root 'pop' on the sidewall numerous times but never had a problem. I use them tubeless with Stan's and Caffe Latex. I liked them so much that when I decided that the Maxxis tires needed to go, I paid retail for new S-Works. I give the a 4 in value because you can not find a deal on them. I give them a 5 in overall because in 8 months on the rear tire, it has never given me a problem and always hooks up.

Favorite Trail:   Mohican

Purchased At:   Spin Cycle, Lakewood

Similar Products Used:   Maxxis Ardent, Crossmark, Ignitor, Kenda Nevegal, Geax Barro Marathoner

Bike Setup:   '09 Stumpjumper Marathon 29er

Submitted by Blue Sugar a Cross Country Rider from Middletown, CT USA

Date Reviewed: May 20, 2011

Strengths:    Light, roll fast, decent traction, ride, & tread life

Weaknesses:    Weak sidewalls

Bottom Line:
These tires came on my 2010 Stumpy Comp 29er. They're decent OEM tires that you can ride until they wear out (or cut open) and then replace. They offer decent traction, reasonably smoth ride, and long tread life. You're likely to cut the sidewall before you wear out the tread. I cut mine on the rear after about 3 months and replaced it with a Maxxis Ikon (great tire). They're not worth the $65 price- go with a Maxxis, Kenda, or scwalbe.

Purchased At:   Berlin Bike