Michelin Wild Grip'R 2 29er Tire

The Michelin Wild Grip’R is an all purposeTireThat performs strong in both dry and muddyTerrain. Intended Use: XCTubeless Ready Construction Max PSI: 60 Weight: 680 grams

Submitted by CenTexRider a All Mountain Rider

Date Reviewed: April 30, 2015

Strengths:    Grip, progressive cornering, heavy duty tire. Tire feels really good when riding. The rolling resistance is definitely there, but it's a really fun tire because it's got good grip and predictable cornering.

The tire feels sturdy and I haven't noticed any problems with punctures or sidewall tears.

Weaknesses:    Side knobs tear off - this has happened to me on two separate tires within four months of initial install. I have no issues with this tire other than the side knob thing. I even patched the tire itself underneath the torn knobs, but that was just a temporary fix.

Bottom Line:
While it's working, this is a great tire. I would use it forever as my default rear tire, but the side knobs have a tendency to tear off. Maybe I'm shredding the tires so hard that they have no choice, but I've not had the same issue on any other tire.

I'm a bit bummed to write bad things about the tire because it's a lot of fun while riding; however, I've got to have a bit longer life out of tires if I'm going to stick with them forever.

Favorite Trail:   Emma Long, Austin