Geax Barro Race 29 29er Tire

2.67/5 (3 Reviews)

Hard-packed, dry conditions call for a set of fast-rolling Geax Barro Race 29in Tires. Race-tuned all the way down to the thread count, rubber compound, and knob profile, the Barro Race Tire puts down ultra-fast times when the conditions are right.TNT: Tubenotube technology uses a Talon bead that grips both standard and UST rims, use in conjunction with Pit Stop latex sealant for added puncture resistanceTNT: reinforced sidewalls and a high tread count ensure puncture resistanceXC Casing uses a 120tpi nylon casing for ultra-low rolling resistance and a super-low weight (450g) not tubeless compatibleAramid Racing 3D compound is modified from the standard 3D compound for reduced rolling resistance and weight

Submitted by Charles H

Date Reviewed: May 5, 2013

Strengths:    price was right

Weaknesses:    I had to use steel to get these on and the pressure was so great to get them on that i got a hairline crack in my rim. I'm no novice. I raced expert prior to having kids. I had high hopes but I was left down.

Bottom Line:
I will never buy this brand again. Too hard to get on. Don't do it!

Submitted by Tomasd a Weekend Warrior from Prague, Czech Republic

Date Reviewed: July 10, 2010

Strengths:    Weight

Weaknesses:    Real size

Bottom Line:
I am new in mountain biking, and I do not know whether these tires are good or bad. I purchased them because of their weight, they are lighter than the stock Bontragers. What suprised me was the real size when I mounted them on the stock Bontrager Duster wheels - instead of 52mm they are only 46mm. If I knew that, I would hesitate whether to buy them. Even though considering that I ride mostly on roads, XC, it is not bad. Due to their weight they are thin, I wonder how durable they will be (both defect-prone, wear-out).

Favorite Trail:   Prague - Kralupy

Similar Products Used:   Swalbe Racing Ralph 29x2.25, Bontrager XDX 29x2.1

Bike Setup:   GF X-Caliber - Bontrager Duster wheels

Submitted by 55rpmasher a Racer from Canada

Date Reviewed: June 26, 2009

Strengths:    Rolls fast!!! Hooks up pretty well in dry conditions. Volume is deceptive, feels bigger than it is.

Weaknesses:    To heavy, however the sidewalls are tough so cuts are minimal, fast wearing tread

Bottom Line:
Pretty happy with these so far. The bead is TIGHT prepare for a fight to get them on. Set up tubeless easy as I have the TNT version. I would be real happy if they did a 2.1 or 2.2 in TNT with less rigid sidewalls at around 625 grams. 660 grams for a 2.0 is a bit on the chunky side but I wanted realibility as last year the Racing Ralphs caused more problems and DNF's than anything else I have ever used. Roll fast but you have to lean over hard to get to the side knobs be warned!

Favorite Trail:   Falcon, BHP