RCR Bomber Cartridge Shock Upgrade

Bomber Cartridge

Submitted by Scott Simpson a Cross Country Rider from Arlington Heights, Il USA

Date Reviewed: September 10, 2002

Strengths:    Better than OEM cartridge

Weaknesses:    Not built to last, need to shim upper shaft under adjustment knob seems an after thought

Bottom Line:
I have access to a gearhead friend who loves a good project. He is currently fabricating 2 replacement units "based" on RCR's design, but going that EXTRA step and making them bomb proof and TOTALLY maintainable/rebuildable. He's anal and they will make RCR envious !

IF you can't build your own
Drop the fluid 2x a season, run 10 weight in the cool weather and 15 in the hot

I ride hard and frequently so its worth the effort to me. If you don't like maintenance, get an AIR shock and let your local wrench do the tune ups

Purchased At:   through RCR

Similar Products Used:   OEM 5x two were sent from Marzocchi defective.

Bike Setup:   Santa Cruz Tazmon w/98 Z-1 BAM front....Risse rear

Submitted by fred a Downhiller from ca

Date Reviewed: March 19, 2000

Strengths:    improves ride quality

Weaknesses:    blew out 2 times

Bottom Line:
RCR had a good idea but they need to make it last. the ride was way better, until it blew out man my fork felt like a ROCK shox.
dont bother with these

Submitted by ian jacob a weekend warrior from NYC

Date Reviewed: January 19, 1999

Bottom Line:

After riding a Z1 for a few weeks, I decided that I loved the travel and plushness but hated the bobbing. So i threw in the RCR cartridge and after getting used to playing with the settings I loved it. It kicks ass!!!
All around action drastically improved! I've been riding with the cartridge for almost a year and the only reason I would'nt give it five stars is because quality is a touch sub-par and I've blown the damn thing 3X..
+++++ Greatly Improves Fork Action and Control of the bike
----- Leaky Little @$&%*!
Stick with what you got...just change oil viscosity and height according to your weight.Same goes for the springs.

Moisture inside Marz Bomber 55cr aer cartridge

Guys when I went to check air pressure on my 2012 Marz 55cr fork I noticed some grey water moisture that came out. Not much came out but is this normal? I might have only lost a slight bit of pressure over the last few months. As a NOOB I'm not sure if this is normal or not. Any help would be great.Read More »