Push Industries Shock Rebuild Service Shock Upgrade

4.52/5 (64 Reviews)

Not a product, but definitely a shock upgrade, Push Industries specializes in rebuilding customer forks and shocks.

Includes:
-Complete Disassembly/Reassembly
-Oil/Nitrogen Fill
-O-Ring Kit
-Push Vault Seal Housing
-Push PTFE Endless Piston Glyde Band
-R-Glyde Liner Eyelet Bearings

Prices vary depending on your shock model.

Submitted by DB a All Mountain Rider

Date Reviewed: July 4, 2014

Strengths:    Quick turnaround , professional easy to use service, awesome upgrade to any shock

Weaknesses:    the rider

Bottom Line:
To explain the strengths I will start off with the shocks weakness. The shock that was pushed was a CTD fox non kasima. shock that came on a Santa Cruz Tallboy LTc ( the cheapest carbon package).. Great bike.The shock was hard to get set and lacked a overall plush feel with out sacrificing the proper rebound. tried different pressures, settings , ect., ect. ect. and it just never felt that great. the ctd would also allow the suspension top wallow into trail depressions in descend or trail settings( I hate having to flick the lever on the shock on single track). On the other hand the shock would bottom out easily on 2-4' drops when set to specified air pressures for my weight and even above recommended air pressures. Overall this was the WORST FOX SHOCK I have ridden to date.
That said I decided to see what push could do. Sent the shock in and received it back about 1 week later - very painless. When I received the shock back i was clean well packaged, came with some stickers and a set up card. I bolted it up checked the rebound and went for a ride. the shock preformed WAY above my expectations. First off it was a controlled and very balanced climbing ( in the descend mode) never wallowed into the trail depressions- basically felt like a different bike on the climb, enough so I thought it might have a problems on the downs. Wow was I wrong . On the downhill side of things the bike was awesome. The shock erased trail chatter and sucked up any drop offs, rocks, ect. with ease. I even tried to hit some of the landings harder but it still felt controlled and smooth. the best part was at the end of the ride I saw the blue indicator o ring still had about a 1/8" before the end of the shock stroke - it wasn't bottoming out any longer. AWESOME JOB PUSH I will use the push service again

Submitted by Fris a All Mountain Rider

Date Reviewed: February 12, 2014

Strengths:    Superior shop techs rebuild your shock. Resulting in a 'better than new' shock. They give me a set of sleeves too. Easy to ship to CO. Shock was finished a week ahead of time!

Weaknesses:    I hesitated big time. I did not want to spend that much, but I did, and it was worth it.

Bottom Line:
Expect to spend some pretty pennies, but it is worth all of them! My Pushed Septune works better than any other xc shock I have ever ridden. I was having trouble with the negative pressure and tuning adjustments(which never worked anyway!). They fixed it all and tuned the shock to fit my terrain needs, fast and flowing. I can huck more than ever. Thanks Push

Favorite Trail:   Phils

Bike Setup:   specialized stumpjumper 2007

Submitted by foolkiller a All Mountain Rider

Date Reviewed: October 20, 2013

Strengths:    Product was exactely what I wanted.

Weaknesses:    Only approaching about 50 miles of riding on the serviced units and no weaknesses detected so far. I do not expect to find any problems.

Bottom Line:
A simple and light weight 36 FLOAT R O/B up front and FLOAT R out back is my XC setup on my Nomad... they never performed well so I was always riding around on my coil/coil setup that is a bit overkill for XC. Finally sent the FLOAT Rs to PUSH... I could not be happier with the results. I will still swap on my coils and other assorted DH/AMish parts for the appropriate rides but I now have the XC version of my bike that I have been struggling to get right for a couple years thanks to the PUSH team. I put a lot of miles in this weekend and the bike really answered all bells in both small bump compliance and appropriate use of full travel. Both units were installed and ridden with the pressure and settings right out of the box from PUSH and did really well. I did add one click of rebound eventually but I can really geek out on something like shock settings so one adjustment to get the performance dialed is pretty spot on. Took one chili for the value rating because I think they can do this work for less money but I am in no way dissappointed with the service and outcome.

Favorite Trail:   i have a lot of favorite trails in Socal, Flagstaff, and Durango

Duration Product Used:   50 Miles?

Purchased At:   Via emails and phone

Similar Products Used:   Never used any other MTB specific suspension service aside from OEM manufactures. I understand Avalanche Suspension services are good too but have not used them either. All others I have heard of receive as much poor reviews and good. Folks seem to be consistently happy with PUSH.

Bike Setup:   Santa Cruz Nomad, SRAM XX1, Thompson post stem and bars except when the KS Lev is desired, SDG seat, DT Swiss wheels and Hubs, 2.3 or 2.5 Specialized tires depending on ride choice, VAN RC2 FIT or FLOAT R up front, RC4 or FLOAT R out back also depending on ride choices.

Submitted by binrat

Date Reviewed: May 26, 2013

Strengths:    Communication. I sent it in before the date, got a call once it was there after the in inspection, talked to them about it. Once complete got an e-mail with a tracking number, life is good.
Build Quality. I got what I wanted and so far life is grand riding the bike / shock now.

Weaknesses:    None yet.

Bottom Line:
Just had my rear shock rebuilt for my work bike (2012 RM Element 70 msl). Got it in the mail on Friday, had it back on the bike by Sat morning. Got about 10 hours on it by Sunday night. Simply awesome compared to before. The shock now compliments the bike and my riding style ( easy downhill and XC). I highly recommend Push.

Submitted by Marguerite

Date Reviewed: September 19, 2012

Strengths:    I sent a chewed up Talas Fork from a 2006 Specialized Enduro that my son bought to be rebuilt and converted over to a Float. They got it and Nick called me right away explaining that the condition of the fork was horrid (my word) and both the top and lower tubes would need to be replaced...noting that it would appear the forks had never been serviced. He said, basically we can rebuild you a better than new fork for $850 which will be less than a new one ($1200). After I caught my breath he says but....you know you can probably find a old new fork, especially at this time of the year for even less. He proceeded to give me a list of good online component dealers, and told me to call back after I'd shopped around. After shopping and finding indeed some good deals on comparable forks, I called back and asked Nick's opinion. He says that's a really good fork, and a great price. If you want to have your son call me for my opinion I'd be happy to provide it.

Weaknesses:    NONE

Bottom Line:
I was thrilled to find Push Industries. While we're not going to have them rebuild the fork in favor of a new one, I would recommend these folks just based on the quality and honesty of their customer service. They do this because they like to ride and they care about riders sitting on quality.

Go PUSH!!

Submitted by flamencohead a Cross Country Rider from Redwood City, CA

Date Reviewed: December 10, 2011

Strengths:    Stiff yet compliant. Soaks up the small bumps and provides a very stable platform.

Weaknesses:    None.

Bottom Line:
Wow. With my new pushed shock, the superlight feels like a different bike. I was considering replacing it before getting the shock Pushed. I'm glad I didn't.

I'm not sure how to describe the difference. The pushed shock is stiffer and more compliant at the same time. There is absolutley no bob or wallow, yet tearing down a rocky creek at favorite local trail is smoother than ever - it ate up the small bumps and kept the wheel in contact with the trail. And climbing is 100% better. After four rides, so far I'm digging the pushed shock.

Also the service was great. They turned the shock around in 24 hours. You can't beat that.

Favorite Trail:   Hole in the ground

Purchased At:   Push

Similar Products Used:   Stock Fox shocks

Bike Setup:   Santa Cruz Superlight, Magura Durin, XTR drivetrain.

Submitted by wildwest a Weekend Warrior from Seattle, Wa.

Date Reviewed: September 5, 2011

Strengths:    It works

Weaknesses:    None so far

Bottom Line:
This shock saved me $2,500. I had demoed a couple of different high end bikes & was convinced I wanted a new frame. I don't anymore. I didn't like the rear suspension on my bike. It seemed to wallow in it's travel & it climbed only ok. The pushed monarch fixed all of that. My bike, now has more traction uphill & is more stable downhill.

Favorite Trail:   Bob's trail

Purchased At:   Push Ind.

Similar Products Used:   Factory tuned Fox RP2

Bike Setup:   Cannondale Rize 130. Magura Thor fork, Pushed Monarch, Haven wheels, Havoc carbon bar, Elixer R brakes, XO twist shifters & rear derailer.

Submitted by dirtspinner a Cross Country Rider from Los Angeles, CA

Date Reviewed: July 14, 2011

Strengths:    I had the factory tune performed on both my Fox fork and shock. The difference was phenomenal. The adjustment knobs actually do something noticeable and in reasonable steps. I've never ridden a fork tuned this well in 20 years of riding. The bikes handling is much more predictable and stable.

Weaknesses:    Make sure you give them a call to discuss what it is you want done. They have multiple options for rebuilds. The website may not be clear on the different types of tuning options. I asked for the trail tuning and that pretty much disabled my lockout. But they made it right for me and had it put back in.

Bottom Line:
Their customer service is top notch. They catered to all my needs and actually took care of a problem that was more my mis-understanding than theirs. They could have easily said tough, but instead they made it right at no charge.

The improvements to the suspension have to be experienced to understand how incredible the change is.

From now on, all my shocks and forks are going to push.

Purchased At:   Push

Similar Products Used:   Nothing compares! I once sent the same fork to get rebuilt at a rebuild service and socal but didnt see much of a difference than what i did myself. Since then i just did self service rebuilds on my fork. This fork was due a massive overhaul so i decided to try out push.

Bike Setup:   Ibis Mojo

Submitted by biga6462 a Cross Country Rider from Houston

Date Reviewed: July 7, 2011

Strengths:    The factory tune and rebuild was awesome for my Fox RP2. I can tell a huge difference in the way my bike rides and it seems to be faster as well. The customization fit perfectly to my weight and riding style.

Weaknesses:    None So Far

Bottom Line:
This place may seem a bit pricy but it is well worth the money. I had thought about buying the Rock Shox Monarch but wanted to save a little money and keep the Fox RP2. I was glad I did because it transformed my riding experience. I have no complaints about the company as they stayed in touch with me and delivered the product within the allotted time period. I will tell all of my friends to use this company.

Favorite Trail:   Madrone Trail

Purchased At:   PUSH

Bike Setup:   Trek Fuel EX 8.

Submitted by trailguy a Cross Country Rider from Wilmington NC

Date Reviewed: June 2, 2011

Strengths:    Unknown

Weaknesses:    Sent payment, received no product, no email or phone response.

Bottom Line:
Two weeks ago I sent the shock rebuild form provided by Push Industires, along with the required credit card info for payment. Their part of the contract was to send me a prepaid shipping tag to use when sending my shock.
I have received no shipping tag, no response to an email to them, and get not answer to phone calls.
Anyone know if they are still is business?
I intend to cancel the credit card payment.

Favorite Trail:   riverside

Purchased At:   Push Industries

Submitted by Mattlock26 a Cross Country Rider from Mystic CT

Date Reviewed: April 4, 2011

Strengths:    Taking something good to the next level.

Weaknesses:    Price, but really this is a niche service so you should expect (and be happy) to pay for this.

Bottom Line:
I liked my Yeti ASR for the trails I ride which are twisty, rocky and rooty classic New England stuff. That said, the ride was harsh. Granted this is a 4 inch bike pointed more at XC racing.

The time had come for a rebuild of the shock and I had so dough and wasn't in the market (yet) for a new bike. So PUSH got the nod. Wow is all that I can say when I rode my Yeti again. Much more plush (at the same sag) and active, and waaaay less harsh. Probably a little less efficient, but an acceptable compromise. For trail riding, this bike went from good to great, and a lot of that was due to the PUSH trail tune. Granted, given Yeti's approach to rear suspension (modified single pivot that relies on shock compression damping), dialing in the shock is going to make a larger overall difference than for suspension designs that don't rely as much on compression damping.

Finally, a word about PUSH customer service. Riders, be glad that there are companies like PUSH that offer services like these. Who else is going to have such a breadth of experience with such a litany of brands, suspension designs, shocks and different tunes let alone the means to understand the engineering for sake of providing such a product? In retrospect, I've asked PUSH some pretty noob questions about suspension, and they have always answered me. I have learned quite a bit from them. Do they pamper you? No, but I would not expect true technical experts to do this. PUSH offers a great service to MTB, and I hope to use them for the next bike as well.

Favorite Trail:   WFDH

Purchased At:   PUSH

Bike Setup:   Yeti ASR Alloy

Submitted by PCPMTBER a Cross Country Rider from Shawnee, OK, USA

Date Reviewed: November 15, 2010

Strengths:    Like riding a better than brand new rear shock

Bottom Line:
I really have to take my hat off to the guys at Push Industries for all the service before, during, and after servicing my Fox RP23 Shock. After I put the shock back on my bike, I was excited like a kid in a candy shop to be back up and riding again with a much improved shock underneath my seat. Since my old shock was thrashed and bobbling like crazy and even the propedel gone, Matt the service technician precisely overhauled and the Factory Rebuild made a huge difference improving my bike's performance. Since my bike was already a year old when I bought it I haven't had any true feel with a rear suspension and that's firm and that responsive as it is now. I just went on a 45 mile XC back road ride last Saturday along some gravelly washboard roads and the feel is amazing. As I attacked the washout sections of the road my shock just sucked up the bumps it felt great. Even climbing in the lockout position I was trilled because I felt like I was transformed back on my ol' hard tail again (so cool to be that diverse I love it)

Anyways, it was all worth it so I've already been telling my other friends that your service is legitimate and that they should check you guys out. Thanks again for all the service I am thrilled having a 'better-than-new' shock!

New Believer,
Andy

Favorite Trail:   Womble Trail

Purchased At:   Push Industries

Bike Setup:   2008 Giant Anthem X

Submitted by benja55 a Cross Country Rider from Portland, OR, USA

Date Reviewed: October 5, 2010

Strengths:    Amazing, transformational improvement over the stock Fox RP23 on my Mojo. I loved the Mojo ride before, but the PUSH tuning takes a great bike into Crazy Amazing territory. Super progressive, and plush.

Weaknesses:    None!

Bottom Line:
Get you stock Fox kits PUSH'd. They are real scientists at this stuff and can dial a great bike, like the Mojo into brilliant territory. I can't say enough about how great my bike is riding after getting my shock tuned by PUSH Industries.

On top of that, they're good people and will go above and beyond to help out.

Favorite Trail:   ATC

Purchased At:   Online

Similar Products Used:   None.

Bike Setup:   Ibis Mojo SL, XT parts

Submitted by corman69 a Weekend Warrior from Boston, MA

Date Reviewed: September 29, 2010

Strengths:    Customized an RP23 for a Stumpy FSR29r. Great customer support, delivery and overall performance.

Weaknesses:    NONE

Bottom Line:
I only ride for fun... and to whittle away some of the spare tire that has settled at the belt line. However, I do like to push the limits of what my bike and I are capable. I essentially destroyed the Triad riding in a freeride park in Milford, MA. Since I really never liked the Triad to begin with I opted to replace it (almost scrapped the frame and replace it with a Tallboy or RIP9 due to the non-standard shock eye-eye length). Then I heard about PUSH. Talked to some of the folks there and was convinced to give it a shot. For the record... you won't find a nicer, more capable staff anywhere... period! I initially was looking to get one of the Monarch RT3's customized for my frame and there were some delays... beyond the control of PUSH.. difficult suppliers... so I was really hot to have my bike operable NOW so I asked for a suggestion (sure I could have whined, complained and cried but didn't see that as a solution and I wanted my bike trail ready asap). "PUSH SALES" suggested I ship an RP23 to them and they would customize and tune it for my FSR. After an error on the part of HUCKnROLL the shock was shipped to PUSH and it was modified, custom tuned and shipped in the same day (almost). FEDEX dropped it off two days later and I rode it that day - right out of the box - never touched the compression or rebound settings.

It is like having a new bike. I wrote off the FSR rear suspension as low end before putting this shock on. Now I have no desire to replace this frame. Rides better than some of the custom frames with complex four bar links I have tried. Plush when it counts, tight when climbing. I can barely feel the small stuff. Hitting drops and jumps feels similar to bikes with 1.5 to 2X the travel I have. Far exceeded my expectations. Worth every penny. You will be impressed. I will be interested to see how durable the setup is.

BTW... They (PUSH) currently have my REBA. The tuned shock made the fork seem clunky... Ironically, when I was running the Triad the REBA seemed very compliant and plush... (another product that exceeded my expectations... I'll save that for another review...) never even considered doing anything to it beyond maintenance... go figure. Greatest upgrade I have ever made. Without a doubt any bike I get from this point on will get the PUSH treatment... it's that good.

Favorite Trail:   NAM - all

Similar Products Used:   RP3, Float R, Triad (Triad from the current Stumpy, others on other Frames.

Bike Setup:   2009 Specialized Stumpjumper FSR 29er. (bought the Comp for the color - so have made lots of mods.... but this one has been the most substantial.

Submitted by Brian a Cross Country Rider from Prescott, Arizona, U.S.A.

Date Reviewed: August 28, 2010

Strengths:    Custom tuned to your weight and riding style.

Weaknesses:    The anticipation of waiting for it to be shipped back to you.

Bottom Line:
Having my shock Pushed is the best money I have spent on a bike part/service in ten years. My first ride was just incredible I used my brakes half as much in the corners it was so much fun and so much faster. I can't wait to ride again.

Purchased At:   Push Industiers