Enduro Fork Seals Shock Upgrade

4.74/5 (54 Reviews)

Nothing gets past the polyurethane wipers. They contact the stanchions in two places and are unconditionally guaranteed to smoothly wipe them clean with every compression stroke. Protected beneath the wipers lie our brand- and model-specific inner air/oil seals.

Submitted by vitale232

Date Reviewed: June 19, 2013

Strengths:    The blue looks cool.

Weaknesses:    They didn't last.

Bottom Line:
I rebuilt my fork with these seals, and after 3 months of riding, the fork was leaking like a sieve. The whole time I thought that I did shoddy work and didn't seat the seals right or something. I took these into the LBS, and the mechanic (who I trust a lot) said these seals are crap. The dust wipers are waaay too stiff, and don't really wipe anything. The oil in the fork got disgusting from dust leaking in under them, and they would have likely damaged the stanchions soon had I not got it fixed. There was a lot of dust trapped between the seals and the stanchions.

The stock seals lasted 2 years, these lasted 2 months. Lame.

Submitted by MrIndy

Date Reviewed: April 26, 2013

Strengths:    First class customer service and a product that just plain works.

Bottom Line:
I've had good experiencse with the last two sets of Enduro Fork Seals I installed, so I ordered my 3rd set a few weeks ago. The problem was that I didn't look into the details, so when I went to install them, the seals did not press all the way into the head and so I couldn't get the dust wipers to press in either. I tried tapping them in with a socket and rubber mallet for about an hour and in a fit of frustration emailed the customer service line - at about 9p at night and a few hours later that same night(!) -- I got a response from Chris at enduroforkseals.com asking for pics which I then sent and he immediately diagnosed that these were not the correct seals for my bike. AND THEN, despite the fact that I ordered the wrong set, Chris offered to send me a replacement with the correct set! I've been feeling good all week that there are still companies like Enduroforkseals that focus on helping customers actually solve their problems and I'll have no hesitation ordering directly from them for the next set (but may shoot them an email first next time to make sure I'm getting the right part which I should have done this time in retrospect.)

Submitted by taletotell a All Mountain Rider from ithaca, ny, usa

Date Reviewed: March 17, 2012

Strengths:    seems to work great

Weaknesses:    hoping I installed them right. They seem to be fine

Bottom Line:
I like them

Favorite Trail:   shortbus

Purchased At:   rwc website

Similar Products Used:   the oem were beat

Bike Setup:   RS lyrik

Submitted by atomicAdam a Weekend Warrior from test

Date Reviewed: December 27, 2011

Strengths:    asdf

Weaknesses:    asdf

Bottom Line:
asdf

Favorite Trail:   test

Purchased At:   asef

Similar Products Used:   asdf

Bike Setup:   asdf

Submitted by chamberlink a Weekend Warrior from Irvine, CA

Date Reviewed: September 8, 2011

Strengths:    -Greatly reduces static friction on the fork
-Seals well

Weaknesses:    -You have to install this yourself. While I didn't find it to be difficult, I can see how people who don't like to get their hands dirty may get frustrated.
-This may be a stretch, but I wish they had other colors besides blue. It looks better in person than it does in pictures I've seen online, but it's still not for everyone.

Bottom Line:
You want this.
I am truly blown away by how much smoother my fork is. I always noticed my fork had a little more static friction than my friend's vanilla, but wrote it off as the tradeoff for having an air fork. Well, with these silly little pieces of blue rubber, I now get to have my cake and eat it too. All of it. And you know what? It was an amazing cake.
This is the third fork I've taken apart, and although it was a little time consuming it was very straightforward if you follow the directions they provide on their website.

Purchased At:   http://enduroforksea

Bike Setup:   Pivot Firebird with a '09 36 Float RC2

Submitted by basharteg a Cross Country Rider from Star Valley wyoming

Date Reviewed: April 16, 2011

Strengths:    Design. They fit so tightly it's unbelievable. Fit so well I tossed my fork boots in the trash. Won't need them.

Weaknesses:    A little tricky getting the wiper seals started, as I said they fit very tightly. Best thing to do is follow their instructions. Start them in, just barely, and then use a six inch piece of PVC pipe and a rubber mallet to start them down. Once they are seated you will see why they will keep oil in and dirt out. Couldn't give them 5 chiles because while seating the second wiper it was so tight the tube actually sheared off a thin peel of the wiper plastic material, that after I froze them and lubed them up with the companies super slick grease

Bottom Line:
Not simple to install, what with having to basically do a fork service in the process, but it is doable following pictorial guide from web site. Great customer service. My order came in two shipments and I complained to the cite when the first package came thinking my order was incomplete , and Chris replied cordially, professionally, and respectfully explaining the rest was coming. Good people. Good product. I feel like I have a new fork but paid only $23 instead of $500. Good stuff

Favorite Trail:   spruce hollow

Purchased At:   Enduroforkseal

Bike Setup:   GT Avalanche 1.0, Judy XC Rockshox fork, XT components all around.

Submitted by Pableras a Weekend Warrior from Spain

Date Reviewed: November 13, 2010

Strengths:    - Low friction
- Easy to install
- Keeps dirt ou & oil in
- Great manuals available at the web page of the manufacturer
- The man behind the company is extremely helpful, GREAT customer service
- Cheaper than the original ones

Weaknesses:    - The new generation wiper comes with the lower lip machined and the are some chips hanging from the wiper

Bottom Line:
- The installation of the oil seals was extremely easy even using very little grease
- One wiper resisted to stay in place. To install it I had to push it until it contacted the retaining clip of the seal, I didn't like that.

- The stanchions went in smoothly using just fork oil (I try to avoid grease that contaminates the oil)
- I expected more stiction because of the new seals-> wrong! The new seals have LESS stiction than the old stock ones (even though they aren't broken in)

More to come after a few rides!

Favorite Trail:   it's a secret one...

Purchased At:   Real World Cycling

Similar Products Used:   - Marzocchi original seals

Bike Setup:   '06 Marzocchi Mx Comp 105 mm

Submitted by Ciaran Mauro a Downhiller from St. Helena, CA

Date Reviewed: July 13, 2010

Strengths:    Great Looking-No Leakage-Amazing Clearing of contaminants on the stanchions

Weaknesses:    none yet!

Bottom Line:
I happened to get these seals when I traded a Marzocchi 55 for a Manitou Travis Single 180 TPC. I must say, they are great seals and wipers. I ride in heavy dust and when you look at the stanchions after a ride they are flawless where you have been in travel, and brown where the dust still lies. No stickage, smooth, no oil residue or leakage, and they look awesome. Obviously an upgrade aesthetically and mechanically.

It is recommended that you use Stanchion Lube, also sold on Enduro's site, to make the wipers last longer, work better, and have the fork feel even more buttery.

Favorite Trail:   Lower 4H, Dave's Place FR

Purchased At:   pinkbike

Similar Products Used:   stock, ehh.

Bike Setup:   Iron Horse 7Point7-Manitou Travis Single 180 TPC-Fox Vanilla RC

Submitted by cphaas a Weekend Warrior from Bay Area, CA

Date Reviewed: November 1, 2009

Strengths:    Smooth, easy to replace, great customer service.

Bottom Line:
These things rock! I have two sets of these. One on my Fox and one on my Marzocchi. They are pretty easy to install, are far better than the Fox ones, and do a good job of keeping out dust. Customer service is excellent also.

Purchased At:   Enduro Web

Submitted by Daishi360 a Cross Country Rider from Gales Ferry, CT, USA

Date Reviewed: August 13, 2009

Strengths:    these seals perform great, i've used them on two forks and have had no problems

Weaknesses:    installing them is kind of hard if you are impatient. Putting the dust wipers in the freezer (i put them in the little ice-cube maker box) really helped. PVC pipe makes a good install tool.

Bottom Line:
These fork seals fixed my leaking fork, and they keep the dirt out like they should. There is a good review of them here, with a pretty good picture. The blue seals really stand out. If you're going for a stock look, these sort of ruin it, but I think they look good.

Favorite Trail:   Bluff Point

Purchased At:   enduroforkseals.com

Similar Products Used:   Stock seals (rock shox, fox, and manitou)

Bike Setup:   2008 Gary Fisher Wahoo, Stock except for Rock Shox Duke XC (2002) fork with Enduro Fork Seals, running 10 weight oil

Submitted by airs0ft3r a Weekend Warrior from Leesburg, Virginia

Date Reviewed: January 4, 2009

Strengths:    Customer service!!!!! So good. I tried following some instructions on the Enduro website where it says to freeze the dust wipers. I made the mistake of freezing the seals. When I installed the seals, the fork leaked. I talked to Chris and he pointed out my mistake. My bad. I should have to buy another one since it works perfectly on my Rock Shox. Chris sends out another seal set for free. No questions asked. Just amazing.

Weaknesses:    The seals leaked on my Manitou but it's my fault.

Bottom Line:
Customer Service makes him worth it. If for nothing else, get it because he's living proof the customer deserves nothing but the best.

They work fine on my Psylo for 3 years now.

Favorite Trail:   N/A

Purchased At:   Enduro Website

Similar Products Used:   Stock (not very good)

Bike Setup:   Manitou Sherman 2005 Firefly Plus

Submitted by strglide a Cross Country Rider from Long Island, NY

Date Reviewed: December 8, 2008

Strengths:    The Enduro fork seals have a wiper that does not exist on the stock Fox F100X fork seal. The stock seal has one lip that is supposed to wipe away dirt and seal in the oil. It makes no sense other than to eliminate stiction. Once dirt wears the single lip fox seal it leaks and it doesn't take very long. The Enduro Fork seals have a wiper to clean the dirt away and the oil seal can do it's job on a clean stanchion. I have not experienced any stiction and my forks perform flawlessly. I've run these fork seals now for about 4 months riding 20-30 miles a week with no problems.

Weaknesses:    None.

Bottom Line:
If your forks are leaking and need an overhaul don't even do the job without upgrading to Enduro Fork Seals. The seals are well made, fit perfect, and do what they should and that is seal the forks.

Favorite Trail:   Rocky Point, NY

Similar Products Used:   Stock Fox F100X fork seals

Bike Setup:   Specialized Epic

Submitted by sevencycle a Cross Country Rider from Colorado

Date Reviewed: July 22, 2008

Strengths:    Better than Fox 100x seals

Bottom Line:
Seals work fine and wiper protects seals better than stock setup. Big plus I changed fork oil to Showa/Honda 7wt.Better performance than NEW!!!! Use this oil for Fox 100x at rebuild!!!!

Favorite Trail:   SingleTrack at Night