Answer CARBOLITE Carbon Post Shock Upgrade

3.5/5 (2 Reviews)
Weight : 190 grams/ 350mm length

• 26.8, 27.2, 30.9, and 31.6mm diameters
  • Kojack seat clamp device with micro-adjust saddle positioning
  • Slim Shim design to isolate stress risers

• Review Options:  Sorted by Latest Review | Sort by Best Rating

Submitted by Rob a Cross Country Rider from WI

Date Reviewed: May 4, 2003

Strengths:    Construction looked A+ if you like a heavy post that is..

Weaknesses:    Well, advertised on net and printed on package "350mm 31.6 190gms"...... THATS VERY MISLEADING. Im not too much of a weight weenie, I wanted a carbon post for the carbon qualities of vibration dampening. Well, I took the post out from its package and it felt like a brick. So I weighed it on my home scale and a digital scale at work, my suspicions were true, home scale read 300gms, digital said 302 grams......Wow thats a far cry from the advertised 190 gram and is misleading. My current post (Bontrager Select 350mm 31.6 weighs 310gms)..... I didnt even slide the carbolite post in my bike, it went back in box and sent back to price point.....

Bottom Line:
    Buyer beware of the hype on weight on this one as advertised.....One tird for false advertising and 2 tirds cuz the construction looked first rate to me with out actually riding it...

Purchased At:   price point

Bike Setup:   2002 Fuel 90

Submitted by Steve a Cross Country Rider from Poros, Cali

Date Reviewed: March 14, 2003

Strengths:    190 grams!, very strong, shim design is very practical, micro adjust system is the best around.

Bottom Line:
    In my opinion, this is the best carbon seatpost on the market. Believe me, I have done tons of research before I ordered the post and paid 100 bucks for it! Micro adjust system is sooooooo easy to use. looks very cool!

Favorite Trail:   any