X-Fusion Vector HLR Rear Shock

The Vector HLR is the all new top of the line coil shock providing high-low speed compression adjustment. The new OWC technology allows you to adjust low speed compression without affecting high speed compression and vice versa. The metal matrix material gives the body cap an extra weight saving advantage and its also 12% stronger than the normal 6 series aluminum material. This shock is packed with everything needed to destroy a race track or just your buddies on a local trail.

Submitted by Grant Rogers a All Mountain Rider

Date Reviewed: March 15, 2014

Strengths:    Very plush
small bump compliance
big hit performance
no stiction AT ALL
every click with adjustments make a difference
evrything

Weaknesses:    None. It is even one of the lightest coil over shocks!

Bottom Line:
I got this shock for my heckler coming from a float r. Wow was it an upgrade. Feels completely bottomless erases all trail chatter that I did not think was possible. Gave me confidence to go big. Picked it up at swap meet for only 60$!!! I'm stoked.

Favorite Trail:   big bear CA

Purchased At:   swap meet

Similar Products Used:   Fox float r. Manitou srl

Bike Setup:   2003 heckler. 7.875x2.25

Submitted by daynegrant a Weekend Warrior

Date Reviewed: February 3, 2013

Strengths:    Plush and fluid all the way through its travel. Zero catch when suspension is first activated. The mid stroke doesn't blow through its travel. This also enhanced its pedalling abilities. I had the elka stage five before, but it would stick when first engaging and it blew through the travel too easily for my liking. The Vector fixed all the dislikes I had with my previous shocks. The bottom out is controlled, giving it a bottomless feeling. The adjustments do what with are designed for.

Weaknesses:    Depending on your preferences in riding there could be one thing that you might not like- or you may like it if it suits your riding style. The last part of the rebound before it returnes to length slows down. It doesn't give you a pop off the lip of a jump. But at the same time it won't buck you if you come off a lip off balance. I think this charactistic adds to the constant fluid feel. Going fast through big rocks I think it gives smoother control. Adjusting the rebound changes it but doesn't make it go completely away.

Bottom Line:
This shock does what it was designed for. I think it works as well as the best rear shocks out there and better in some ways. I am very impressed so far. The lower cost in this case dosen't mean less.

Similar Products Used:   elka stage 5, fox dhx rc4, fox dhx 5.0, 4.0, van rc, RS vivid

Bike Setup:   Canfield Jedi

Submitted by AL29er a Weekend Warrior from Huntsville, Alabama

Date Reviewed: April 21, 2010

Strengths:    Great looks, light weight, all the adjustment knobs have detents and noticeable effect.

Weaknesses:    Initial clunk and warranty down time (resolved now). Not many options for aftermarket tuning.

Bottom Line:
The shock is a solid performer. Between LS compression, reservoir pressure, and reservoir volume it does a very good job making pedaling a lot nicer on the Heckler. Small bump compliance is still good despite having decent pedaling characteristics.

On the DH this shock is totally transparent under me. It doesn't wallow, use too much travel, or spike. It just smooths out the terrain and doesn't give me any headaches. Honestly this is what a coil shock should work like. After being on platform shocks for years it is nice to be on a fully active shock again.

Favorite Trail:   Bluffline

Purchased At:   direct

Similar Products Used:   Avalanche tuned 5th element and X-Fusion Vector DH2 are the only direct comparable shocks. I have run Fox air and coil mainly for the last 5 years.

Bike Setup:   2007/2010 SCB Heckler, RS Revelation 150mm, ~34lb heavy AM build

Submitted by killjoyken a Downhiller from San Jose, CA, USA

Date Reviewed: March 20, 2010

Strengths:    Large knobs for high and low speed compression make it easy to fine tune on the trail while wearing gloves. Very plush. Excellent damping. Fantastic customer support.

Weaknesses:    None.

Bottom Line:
A great shock at a great price. No huge drops yet, but it sucks up rock gardens like a champ.

Favorite Trail:   Braille (Demo)

Purchased At:   X-Fusion