RockShox Vivid R2C Rear Shock

3.5/5 (2 Reviews)

RockShox Vivid R2C Rear Shocks Rock Shox callsThis "sexy siren of downhill racing and freeride." But just knowThat whenThose drops happen,The adjustable DropStop bottom-out system will beThereTo cushionThe landing. * 2.0-2.4 : 1 Leverage Ratio (LowTune) * 2.3-2.8 : 1 Leverage Ratio (MidTune) * 2.7-3.1 : 1 Leverage Ratio (HighTune) * Rear shocks requireThe purchase of mounting hardware, specificToThe dimensions ofThe frame * Intended Use: DH, FR, AM * Spring not included * External beginning and

Submitted by Ben

Date Reviewed: February 21, 2013

Strengths:    Plush, reasonable quality for money

Weaknesses:    Has a high tendency to blow.

Bottom Line:
When I bought my nukeproof scalp it came with this shock, after having the bike for around 4 months the shock blew, even though I hardly did anything big on the bike and had no crashes. I then got the shock replaced under warranty from Nukeproof, I've had this second shock in now for a further 4 months, and yet AGAIN it has blown and I haven't done any particuarlly big jumps, cased anything badly at all or anything, had a few crashes but nothing that would make a shock blow. I haven't jet washed the shock either, so my opinions on this shock aren't great to be honest, now I need another new shock as this one is messed up and I'm thinking this time I should just go out my way and save up money for a FOX shock so that I don't have another blown shock.

It is good in the first few months, but then it seems to get weak and eventually blows, even some of my friends have said this shock is known for blowing. I wouldn't say it was worth the money it's on retail for.

Submitted by 35bullit a Weekend Warrior from Tacoma, Wa

Date Reviewed: July 31, 2011

Strengths:    Easy to dial in. Doesn't require a degree in physics to set up.

Weaknesses:    The dials don't really "click." If they do its to subtle for me to tell.

Bottom Line:
I chose this over Fox because of cost. I didn't want a Van RC which would have only been 70$ less than the Vivid and the Vivid has a little more to offer. Over all I am very impressed with its performance. I am an average freerider that weighs 200lbs and I dont do many drops over 6', so for the hardcore I couldn't give you much insight. Overall I am impressed with how smooth it progresses through the travel and its ease of set up. It doesn't appear to compact during fast bumpy terrain and keeps the rubber to the ground. Ill update in a few months.

Favorite Trail:   Duthie HIll, Wa