RockShox Monarch RT Rear Shock

• Shaft Material: 7075 Aluminum
  • Body Diameter: 28mm

Submitted by julio0674 a All Mountain Rider

Date Reviewed: January 10, 2016

Strengths:    After the break-in, I just set up the pressure and ride, never lost pressure in a year till now
Simple and trustable.

Weaknesses:    None so far.

Bottom Line:
The way I used this is at 180 psi, I'm 139 pounds and 5ft 7.32 in, according to my partners that's a little hight pressure but that what makes me fell good, even in jumps (not so height jumps) I fell Ok; I make very technical trails, here in Perú we have high mountains near the city. That's my experience, I fell happy with this so I wanted to share my experience. I follow these reviews.

Favorite Trail:   Enduro trails, in Lima - Perú

Duration Product Used:   1 year

Purchased At:   eBay

Similar Products Used:   Fox Float 10 years ago (I don't remember the model)

Bike Setup:   Enduro Proceed MIA 26"; XTR/XT, RockShox Revelation WC and RockShox Monarch RT

Submitted by Roy Stoyle

Date Reviewed: April 4, 2014

Strengths:    None

Weaknesses:    Duability

Bottom Line:
Bought a Whyte T120 and the rear shock lasted 6 months and lost its air, got a second under warranty and again lasted six months then lost its air had this serviced and it lasted three rides.
Again another new shock under warranty fitted by Whyte this lasted two months and then stuck two thirds of the way in giving me a hard tail.
The monarch RT is a toltal piece of rubish don't go there.
Now have a fox unit coming from Whyte. I am 65 and only do cross country and do not do head banging stuff

Submitted by qwksti a Weekend Warrior from Torrance

Date Reviewed: December 12, 2011

Strengths:    good rebound

Weaknesses:    wish it could "lock" a little more

Bottom Line:
great shock, over all use is great.It can get to a soft feel, or to its lock out feature, this shock seems to be a great set up. For the money this is one of the better shocks out there. quality is great and adjustability is good.Just wish it would lock out a little harder.

Favorite Trail:   none yet