RockShox Monarch Plus RC3 DebonAir Rear Shock

The connection between your bike and the terrain will be seamless, as your DebonAir equipped shock absorbs every little hit without any harsh feeling on your body. A shock so soft, you can push way harder.

Submitted by Shredmonkey a All Mountain Rider

Date Reviewed: June 26, 2016

Strengths:    Great platform for climbing.

Weaknesses:    Set up is a pain. Not really "plush".

Bottom Line:
I will start off by saying that performance wise, the cane creek db inline(stock on my enduro) is a much better shock giving a super plush bottomless feel with no harsh rebound and soaked up all small trail chatter. Unfortunately though it had some major reliability issues and after failing twice I wanted to try something different.
There is no set up instructions and your air pressure will vary widely depending on your bike design and riding style. Also, you are supposed to cycle the shock as you are filling it so to balance out the pos and neg air springs. I weigh around 175lb and to achieve %30 sag I'm pushing 240-250 psi. At this pressure the shock is overly stiff and the rear tire bounces off all the small bumps. On the plus side pedal bob is all but gone when climbing. At 230-240 psi it gets a little better but then I found myself at %40 sag, pedal striking, and bottoming out easily.
Either way I would not discribe the compression as linear or plush. It ramps up fairly quickly and rebounds with force. This shock might be the thing if your local trails are mostly smooth with large drops and jumps.

Similar Products Used:   Fox rp23, ccdb inline.

Bike Setup:   2015 enduro 650b.

Submitted by mjlundy

Date Reviewed: July 17, 2014

Strengths:    I put this on a 2013 Enduro. Most of my riding is up for miles, then down and I wanted a better platform than the stock CCDB Air. It delivers on the climbs for sure. Great pedaling platform was looking for on the ascents. BUT, it is not the CCDB on the descents. It feels better than any other air shock I've tried, with the exception of the CCDB. But for me, it's a great compromise.

It's also very light as compared to the CCBD Air.

Weaknesses:    Only three settings for compression damping. Still, the Firm setting is great... 6.5 inches of travel with little suspension bob on the climbs. The mid is ok, and the fully open for the down hills is not as composed as the CCDB Air. Ramps up a little harsh and comes back a little harsh, but my point of reference is the CCBD Air.

Bottom Line:
If you ride up up up, then down; it's a great shock. If you are coming from anything other than the CCDB Air, it's an all-around upgrade. I will be throwing on the CCDB for park use, but otherwise this shock will remain on the bike.