RockShox Monarch Plus RC3 DebonAir Rear Shock

The connection between your bike and the terrain will be seamless, as your DebonAir equipped shock absorbs every little hit without any harsh feeling on your body. A shock so soft, you can push way harder.

Submitted by mjlundy

Date Reviewed: July 17, 2014

Strengths:    I put this on a 2013 Enduro. Most of my riding is up for miles, then down and I wanted a better platform than the stock CCDB Air. It delivers on the climbs for sure. Great pedaling platform was looking for on the ascents. BUT, it is not the CCDB on the descents. It feels better than any other air shock I've tried, with the exception of the CCDB. But for me, it's a great compromise.

It's also very light as compared to the CCBD Air.

Weaknesses:    Only three settings for compression damping. Still, the Firm setting is great... 6.5 inches of travel with little suspension bob on the climbs. The mid is ok, and the fully open for the down hills is not as composed as the CCDB Air. Ramps up a little harsh and comes back a little harsh, but my point of reference is the CCBD Air.

Bottom Line:
If you ride up up up, then down; it's a great shock. If you are coming from anything other than the CCDB Air, it's an all-around upgrade. I will be throwing on the CCDB for park use, but otherwise this shock will remain on the bike.