RockShox Bar 1.1 Rear Shock

• Spring Air Positive
  • Body Material Forged 6061 Aluminum

Submitted by SlickOne a Cross Country Rider from Heidelberg Germany

Date Reviewed: November 7, 2010

Strengths:    Its very simply to use, nothing to do but add air. Absolutely NO problems and I have ridden very hard at bike parks and jump 5-7 stair steps at a time.

Weaknesses:    unadjustable other than air pressure, will easily out grow this unit

Bottom Line:
I have had great luck with this product, I have had zero issues but I will be upgrading soon. I trashed this Shock at parks and free rides and it hasnt suffered any of the issues the other riders state, and Im a 200lb biker. Its a good beginer budget shock, Im happy with it

Favorite Trail:   KonigStuhl

Purchased At:   stock equipment on S

Bike Setup:   Sette XC 2 w/ 5inches travel

Submitted by Sleepwalker a Weekend Warrior from Saint-Petersburg, Russia

Date Reviewed: September 11, 2010

Strengths:    Price, price, price. This is only reason to buy this shock if it wasn't come to you with stock bike or frame.

Weaknesses:    Only one adjustment - air pressure.

Bottom Line:
This shock came to me with the bike frame, and I decided not to replace it immediately in order to test it and to make decision on purchasing more advanced one.

The miracle didn't happen, this shock harmed my bike's performance dramatically, so the replacement one is the first item in my wishlist.

If you prefer a "park-style" riding this shock may be suitable for you, also this one can be used on tourbikes, but if you like trails or marathons, think twice before purchasing it.

Purchased At:   crc.com

Similar Products Used:   Not yet, I'm building my first suspension bike.

Bike Setup:   DT Swiss XR 1540 wheels, full XTR transmission, Magura Durin Marathon fork and Louise BAT brakes.

Submitted by Brian a Weekend Warrior from Westlake Village, CA

Date Reviewed: May 29, 2008

Strengths:    It is a rear shock

Weaknesses:    Pedal Bob, Broke after 6 months

Bottom Line:
The shock came on my bike when I purchased it new about 6 months ago. I have put probably 200 miles on the bike since then and I went to go for a ride at the park with my son. And all of the sudden my shock has absolutely no air in it (needless to say that stopped the ride with my 3 year old son). I took the bike to my LBS who pumped the shock up for me and when they sat on it, the shock bottomed out like it did for me. It was to late to contact RS but when contacted the next day by the LBS I was told the great news that RS quoted them 3 weeks to get the shock back to me. WTF I personally then contacted RS to ask about using the shock as credit towards purchasing a better shock and was told they don't do that. Needless to say I want my shock back fixed as I want them to spend some of their money, but I will be upgrading the shock and won't be going with a RS shock.

Purchased At:   LBS came with bike

Bike Setup:   Trek Fuel EX5

Submitted by peter from ontario canada

Date Reviewed: May 24, 2007

Bottom Line:
this shocks is the worst shock i have ever tested to call it sticky is a understatement and has no adjusment what so ever

Submitted by Steve a Weekend Warrior from nc

Date Reviewed: October 31, 2006

Strengths:    Good Price... That is about it.

Weaknesses:    Not adjustable. Very "sticky." I Blew this shock out within 2 months of use. I didn't ride hard on it nothing more then 2-3 foot drops.

Bottom Line:
Upgrade your shock before u get stuck with this one!

Submitted by Steve a Weekend Warrior from nc

Date Reviewed: October 31, 2006

Strengths:    Good Price... That is about it.

Bottom Line:
Upgrade your shock before u get stuck with this one!

#5 Drop Bar'd/Krampusy/SS Lugged/Dynohub'd/Rocker Dropout'ed replacement for #1

It's time to apply what I've learned since[URL="http://forums.mtbr.com/frame-building/frame-1-north-fargo-741958.html"] frame #1[/URL] to frame #5. [img]http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8377/8404921221_f7c2524f52.jpg[/img] Fit #'s are similar, geometry will change up a bit. From my first thou ... Read More »

bar specs for Flash 1 29er

I am going to order a bar with some rise to it for longer rides, also maybe more like 25" wide vs the stock 27". Has anyone ordered one that may work for me? Any disadvantage to carbon? I dont think I ned it but just in case. Is a 31.8mm bar clamp pretty standard? I found a few by crank bros like ... Read More »

How much pressure to run in a rockshox bar 1.1

Can't find this info anywhere. Sag is about right at 150 psi but how high can I safely go in this shock?Read More »

How many PSI can you run in a rockshox bar 1.1

Can't seem to find a clear answer on how much pressure to run in my rockshox bar 1.1 air shock. Sag is about right at 130PSI but don't know if that's running it too high. If anyone knows please let me know. Cheers.Read More »

RS bar 2.1 v RS ario 2.2

Hi, I currently have a bar 2.1 on my bike which is pretty rubbish but gets me through my rides, just seen an Ario 2.2 for sale going cheap, is this a substantial upgrade or am I just replacing bad with bad?Read More »