Marzocchi Roco Air RC World Cup Rear Shock

ROCO Air RC World Cup Marzocchi ROCO Air RC World Cup Rear Shocks feature external rebound, bottom out resistance, and high speed compression adjustability. Nickel-coated air canister, adjustable air spring, high volume air chamber for linear spring rate Carbon fiber-reinforced air canister Nickel-coated air canister Ext. adjustable High Speed Compresssion Ext. adjustable Rebound Ext. adjustable bottom-out resistance via piggyback air valve Designed for all-mountain,Trail and XC

Submitted by norco.rider a Downhiller from Kelowna

Date Reviewed: January 27, 2010

Strengths:    Super plush, practically no stiction whatsoever, and feel!

Weaknesses:    none that I can think of..

Bottom Line:
This shock is absolutly amazing, its way more sensitive, and plush than the dhx air. The adjustments on this shock (compression and rebound) adjust the high speed instead of the low speed adjustments which are preset. The resivoir pressure can make this shock as linear or as progressive as you want, and you can acutally feel the difference. Whereas on the DHX you wouldn't feel as much difference in the shocks's progressivity. As an over all view, the shock has superb build quality, and the detents in the adjusters are loud and clear. I would recommend to most of the freeriders and downhillers out there (unless you would rather prefer coil, which i'm sure this is very similar to)

Favorite Trail:   Pipe dream

Purchased At:   Blueskycycling.com

Similar Products Used:   fox DHX 5.0 air

Bike Setup:   Norco six one with 66 rc3's and roco air rc wc

Submitted by james a Downhiller from SoCal

Date Reviewed: January 15, 2009

Strengths:    Super plush, highly adjustable (you adjust the spring), light.

Weaknesses:    None yet

Bottom Line:
I absolutely love my roco coil because it was highly sensitive but the roco air is hyper sensitive and super plush on the rockiest of decents. I seem to get more travel out of the roco air wc vs. the coil. Go ahead and take this shock down the nastiest decent and kiss that coil over good by! If you want to drop some weight off your rig and increase control and speed, this is the ticket! BUY IT!

Favorite Trail:   Dark hollow

Purchased At:   online

Similar Products Used:   fox dhx / rockshox

Bike Setup:   Norco shore: 888/ roco wc

Submitted by bullcrew a Downhiller from Boise, Id

Date Reviewed: November 24, 2008

Strengths:    light, adjustable, solid workmanship, ease of use

Bottom Line:
Easy to use, super fast response on race courses, tracks flawless, light and tunes with noticeable difference.
As others say theres flak against air shocks but the roco wc air isnt the one they are complaining about.
Im 230 bare 245 geared up and have hucked it to flat (7-8'), multiple DJ and doubles as well as cased them HARD, tons of drops, rock gardens etc... and Still no leaking and I havent even adjusted the air since I bought it. It doesnt leak and Marz tech support helped me get it dialed. Been perfect since day one.

Anyone that has ridden my bike swears its a coil shock when riding. I forget its air till someone asks then Im amazed all over again.

Id recomend to anyone, it can be tricky to dial from what others have said but im pretty adaptive to stuff and my settings or perfect.

Favorite Trail:   Anything big, fast and nasty

Purchased At:   online

Similar Products Used:   avalanche DHS, fox dhx 5.0, progressive, stratos el jeffe

Bike Setup:   Canfield Jedi

Submitted by jexter a Downhiller from CO

Date Reviewed: August 31, 2008

Strengths:    Suuuper adjustable, light, has taken some angry cases and held up

Weaknesses:    Setting up directions out of box blow ! Marz needs to get with the program there. I know your an Italian based co, but c'mon guys !

Bottom Line:
Gotta loooootta funny reactions to it, and lots of questions through out the season. I'm the only one I know of in the MSC series who raced on or even rode one this season. Unfortunately it took me 3/4's of the season to get this thing somewhat figured out, but damn, now that I'm on the right track, this thing is fire ! It survived pretty much the whole race season( I missed 2 races ). I'm a solid 185,and It's taken some brutal shots, and thank god allowed me to ride away flawlessly . It takes time and patience
to adjust, and if your serious about your suspension call the tech's at marz to get you headed in the right direction. There's a lotta negative talk around air shocks these days, but its def not comin from me, and its only getting better.

Favorite Trail:   many

Similar Products Used:   only coil to compare... Avy, Fox, Marz, Romic

Bike Setup:   08 Devinci Wilson. Marz WC air fork

Submitted by Chris a Downhiller from Farmington, Utah, USA

Date Reviewed: March 18, 2008

Strengths:    Weight!!! One pound lighter than a coil and rides just like the roco wc coil. My brother has one and this rides just like it. I used to run a fox dhx on my bike and it worked but this feels so much plusher and is much smooth and more ramped as you aproach bottom

Weaknesses:    None so far

Bottom Line:
If you want to shave some weight off of your bike but do not want to loose the feel of a coil then I suggest that you buy this shock. Impressive!!!