Manitou Swinger Air X3 Rear Shock

• Adjustments: Air, rebound
  • Shaft: 10mm Hard Chrome Steel

Submitted by Prophet Julio

Date Reviewed: October 29, 2012

Strengths:    Holds air. Rebound is very adjustable. SPV eliminates pedal bob, even on my single pivot Prophet.

Weaknesses:    Maybe some harshness on small bump compliance, but I don't mind at all.

Bottom Line:
My Prophet came with the Radium. The Swinger Air X3 turned it into a climber. Hooks up much better and soaks up the rough stuff, jumps and drops. The SPV is adjustable and it works great. It never leaks air or oil. It works silently and keeps my bike poised. Very happy and would not hesitate to recommend it.

Submitted by tyrebyter a Weekend Warrior

Date Reviewed: August 16, 2012

Strengths:    Velocity sensitive damping, easy servicing, adjustable platform threshold, customer service second to none.

Weaknesses:    messy to bleed when changing the oil... that's the best I could come up with.

Bottom Line:
installed on my Scott spark 35 and spent a few miles tuning it. Now I just ride it and don't even think about it. Its that good. Climbs like a hard tail soaks up hits too big for that bike, never bottoms, very active on chatter, controlled in the rough. Highly recommended.

Favorite Trail:   401

Duration Product Used:   1 year

Similar Products Used:   RS Ario-2r Fox RP-23

Bike Setup:   X9/X0 drivetain, Formula brakes, Reba rs fork, easton wheels, bars, seatpost

Submitted by mullen119 a Weekend Warrior from Cleveland Ohio

Date Reviewed: May 14, 2010

Strengths:    Price, fairly adjustable

Weaknesses:    weak mid-stroke, blows through travel fairly easy.

Bottom Line:
Its a good shock, hard to find a sweet spot between being able to soak up the small stuff and not bottoming on bigger hits. Rebound adjustment is one of the best I have used because of the small change for each click. SPV works good for climbing and can be ridden on the low setting all the time. I would buy it again.

Purchased At:   Cambria

Similar Products Used:   Suntour epicon, old rock shox air shock(I dont remember the type)

Bike Setup:   08 Goose Teocali with lots of changes.

Swinger 3-way air vs. Swinger X3-

anyone using the new Swinger X3- the one with the 4 positition spv settings, instead of an air chamber? Sounds like a good idea for those of us who do not adjust (or even check) our spv pressures.Read More »

Manitou Swinger Air X3 set-up instructions?

I just bought a 2007 Manitou Swinger Air X3 but it came without a user manual. Since I found only 2006 Shock Manual from Manitou website I would like to get some set up advice on 2007 shock. It seems like the main difference between 2006 and 2007 shock is that 2007 X3 has a lever for adjusting t ... Read More »