X-Fusion Slide RL 29er Forks

• Stanchion: 32mm, Aluminum
  • Axle: 9mm

Submitted by rob

Date Reviewed: May 9, 2014

Strengths:    price,handling, ajustable

Weaknesses:    none yet

Bottom Line:
replaced sun tour that came on my 2011 rockhopper comp 29,what a differance! much more control faster tighter turning,like a new bike. money well spent would def recommend these forks.

Submitted by Orr a Cross Country Rider

Date Reviewed: October 2, 2013

Strengths:    Price ! , work very good , swallow the Terrain perfectly , good building quality , very stiff

Weaknesses:    non so far

Bottom Line:
put it on Specialized Epic 29 insted of Rebal RL 29 -100mm and work perfectly , now i got very fast and trail ability bike
After 3 month of use i'm very satisfied from it , without any problems so far , good choice for bike building with low budget

Duration Product Used:   3 month

Purchased At:   sheep

Similar Products Used:   FOX FLOAT RL 29

Submitted by Trcseb a Weekend Warrior

Date Reviewed: April 4, 2013

Strengths:    Price!

Weaknesses:    None so far

Bottom Line:
I bought these to upgrade a RockShox that came on my Kona. They were spongy and just had no feel to them. I read the reviews on these and got a good deal on ebay and put them on last week. They feel as good as Fox talas that I have on my stumpy. I look forward to many rides with these. BTW another reviewer said the lockout didn't work well at first and mine did the same thing after a couple of rides it works fine.

Favorite Trail:   Annadel

Similar Products Used:   Fox Talas 140

Bike Setup:   Kona 29er HT

Submitted by Juanmoretime a Cross Country Rider

Date Reviewed: December 9, 2012

Strengths:    Appears well built, solid feel and precise steering. Cheaper than Fox and works just as well if not better.

Weaknesses:    None so far. Time will tell.

Bottom Line:
I bought this when my Fox F29RL blew a seal since I was curious to see what X-Fusion forks were all about. I liked what I read but there is just not a lot out there on these forks. Installation was no different than any other fork. While X-Fusions site says to use the air pressure guide on the fork there is not one on it. At first I went with 75 PSI and it was too much and am now about 65 which allows full travel. The steering is much crisper than my Fox and so far I find to be a great fork. Now I just need to see how well its working in a year or so. One thing that can be said for Fox is they are built to last.

Favorite Trail:   Brown County

Duration Product Used:   1st week

Purchased At:   Ebay

Similar Products Used:   Reba ( garbage) Fox F29RL

Bike Setup:   Misfit belt drive single speed.

Submitted by aardvack a Cross Country Rider

Date Reviewed: November 15, 2012

Strengths:    Price

Weaknesses:    You can't change the travel with common bikes tools.
The pressure table isn't into the left leg of the fork and into the XFusion website, isn't available information.
Quality of the decals and the lockout lever.
You can't get spares on the web.

Bottom Line:
I haven't the pressure table and I must be required to the factory. They sent me a picture with this table, but the fork is very hard for the recommended to my weight.
In the beggining, the lockout don't works, but later, with 20 rides, started do it.
Isn't very absorvent on little potholes, but is confortable in any moment.
For the price, it's the better than you can get.

Purchased At:   On line commerce

Similar Products Used:   Rock Shox Reba SL

Bike Setup:   On-One Scandal 29er.

Submitted by rkhall a Cross Country Rider

Date Reviewed: November 11, 2012

Strengths:    Weight, price, simplicity, company values

Weaknesses:    Internal travel adj, 15mm QR axle

Bottom Line:
Received this fork as a warranty item for a POS Marzocchi Bomber 44. Very happy with fork performance to date. Fork was a breeze to set up and has very smooth travel. The 15 mm axle is a bit of a chore to properly secure the front wheel. Really had to "stand on" the lever to take the play out of the hub. Would like to see an external travel adjust and would spend more $$ for it. Like the fact that the R&D office is located in the Santa Cruz.

Favorite Trail:   Paradise Valley

Purchased At:   Performance Bike

Similar Products Used:   Marzocchi Bomber 44 TST2 29er

Bike Setup:   XT Dyna-Sys w/XT 785 brakes

Submitted by gribbles

Date Reviewed: September 4, 2012

Strengths:    Price, Looks, Solid fork with great adjust-ability, Stellar performance.

Weaknesses:    The dampening is a bit confusing, but if you just count the clicks from positive to negative it's easy to find the middle and go from there.

Bottom Line:
I bought this to replace the crappy suntour that came on my Scott Aspect 29 Sport. I am incredibly happy with it. Where the suntour wouldn't stay planted and bounced around - this fork soaks it all up and keeps me planted. I'm a big guy (250lbs) and this fork handles me with ease. If you need a great dual air fork at a solo air price - this is it!

Submitted by DanInVermont a Cross Country Rider

Date Reviewed: July 22, 2012

Strengths:    Price. Can't beat the price (and still get reasonable quality). Fit and finish is up to par with comprable forks I'm familiar with.

Weaknesses:    I'd like instructions on how to adjust travel- not actually sure which setting it's on out of the box. I'd like better instructions on proper lockout setup.

Bottom Line:
4 out of 5 because of the price- this isn't exactly a top shelf item, but for the price it's truly remarkable. I'm very impressed with this fork for the price. I've been riding rockshox for a while, before that marzocchi and manitou. A little experience with Fox too. I ride new england XC primarily, with some rough XC/all mtn terrain thrown in. I'm 6'3", 220 lbs, riding a hardtail. I don't count ounces; the fork could be a little lighter, but again- for the price, can't complain. This fork is more torsionally rigid than I expected, has great progressivity, and adjustability is good. Setup is straightforward, packaging and instructions are good. I only have about a dozen rides on this fork now, but wanted to post a review because there's so little info yet from folks who have had 'em out in the dirt. No bad experiences yet, will post if something goes wrong or if it doesn't hold up.

Favorite Trail:   Troll Stroll (Kingdom)

Purchased At:   i forget- online