Whisky Parts No. 9 Mtn 29 29er Forks

Whisky Parts Co. makes no nonsense carbon bike components for those that want to take cycling to the next level. The Whisky Parts Co. 9 fork features a 45mm offset, for your big wheeled beast. Wheel Size: 29” SHIS Clamp...

Submitted by smithcreek

Date Reviewed: January 15, 2014

Strengths:    light enough
strong
15mm thru axle
100mm suspension corrected
excellent ride quality
looks good

Weaknesses:    MSRP

Bottom Line:
I've had the Whisky No.9 for a little over a month and it's everything I hoped for in a rigid carbon fork. Riding rigid makes more sense when there is such a significant difference in weight compared to suspension, yet the ride quality is very good when paired up with a supple tire with decent volume. I have a Rocket Ron 2.25" that works great. Not having ridden a rigid bike since '96, it took me a couple weeks to get back in the groove, smooth out my technique a bit. I bought mine in a package deal through Vassago with a VerHauen frame and Cane Creek 40 Headset. The fork and headset were $399, so about $350 for the fork which is reasonable and at that price I would give it 4-5 chilis. The usual price I see these going for is $550, and that seems pretty steep. It's not that it's not worth it, but I'd have a hard to coughing up that much for a rigid fork no matter how good.