RockShox Tora TK 29'' Coil 29er Forks

• 100mm of travel
  • Coil spring
  • TurnKey damping
  • External rebound and lockout adjust
  • Aluminum 1 1/8" steerer

Submitted by webb-o

Date Reviewed: May 8, 2012

Strengths:    Cheap. Probably one of the best suspension forks at this price. The lockout is nice, but still allows for too much movement in my opinion. Easy to adjust. Basically, this is a budget fork that gets the job done.

Weaknesses:    Somewhat heavy. Lockout allows too much movement. Fork is sometimes pretty flexy (too much for my taste) during hard cornering and braking. Makes loud whoosh noises when re-coiling.

Bottom Line:
Overall, this is a good value for the money, however, I've decided I am going to remove mine and get a rigid fork (for SS 29er). I almost always ride the fork locked out, which still seems to provide around 3/4 inch of travel. Only unlock the fork on a couple of technical downhills. Suspension just feels like overkill on my 29er SS. I would recommend this fork to geared 29er riders on a budget.

Submitted by fatcat a Weekend Warrior

Date Reviewed: July 13, 2011

Strengths:    cheap for a 29er fork, works well, has lock out, 100mm travel

Weaknesses:    only comes in QR

Bottom Line:
Great entry level fork but gets the job done. I purchased another right after the first ride, its not really a bad fork. When you have a 29er does it really matter about the fork because most of the work happens with the rubber and rims. Go buy one today fool.

Favorite Trail:   USA