Marzocchi 44 Micro Ti QR15 29er 29er Forks

3.88/5 (8 Reviews)

• 140mm Travel
  • Alloy Steer Tube and Crown
  • 32mm Nickel Coated Alloy Tapered Stanchions
  • New fitted and slotted bushing
  • 15mm quick release axle

Submitted by Telemahn a All Mountain Rider

Date Reviewed: February 22, 2013

Strengths:    reasonable fork. good stiffness

Weaknesses:    hard to tune out brake dive and still keep plush.
seals not great
poor service life

Bottom Line:
replaced the cartridge and rebuilt it. it is OK, but I have never found the happy medium tune that is plush in most conditions.

Favorite Trail:   n+1

Duration Product Used:   1 year

Purchased At:   used with bike

Similar Products Used:   lefty

Bike Setup:   Intense T29

Submitted by jeffw-13 a All Mountain Rider

Date Reviewed: July 4, 2012

Strengths:    Stiff, plush, easy set-up

Weaknesses:    Stiction out of the box. An internal mod needs to be done to make the fork work smoothly. (search the forums for the proceedure or send it to Marzocchi) This is fixed on the 2012 model

Bottom Line:
I bought this fork based on tons of positive feedback from other users. Im using it on a Canfield Bros Yelli Screamy. Love the fork. Ive owned 2 Rockshox products (REBA and Reveleation) a Fox Float RLC, and a White Bros Fluid. The Bomber is by far the smoothest riding of them all. The fork is easy to set up and tangible results can be felt from any adjustments you make.

Purchased At:   Speedgoat

Submitted by dickt3030 a Racer

Date Reviewed: May 11, 2012

Strengths:    Plush. Plush. Plush. Stiff. Looks sexy. Adjustability. Thru-axle. Heavy-duty knobs on crown. No leaks.

Weaknesses:    Reliability. Heavy. Stickers. Achieving full travel.

Bottom Line:
This is a FUN fork. It is almost the Jack-of-all-trades fork, Master-of-none. The adjustability is great. You can use it as a heavy-duty XC fork at 100mm, or a great plush all-mountain fork at 140mm. It is stiff and has handled every bit of chunk I've thrown it's way. I love the plushness, but it is only plush at lower than optimal air pressure. When running the air pressure for my weight, it is hard to compress and doesn't even get close to full travel. So run a bit less air, don't worry about winning any races, and have FUN!

I do like all of the adjustments on the crown, ideal for an "expert" fork user, but they can be a bit much. I have trouble noticing any difference when turning a knob this way or that, but some people might like this. The lockout has broken after about 6 months use. No air or oil leaks yet.

Favorite Trail:   Mag7, Moab; Brown County, IN

Purchased At:   Chainlove

Bike Setup:   Specialized Camber Pro 29

Submitted by pauljm a All Mountain Rider from Aviemore, Scotland

Date Reviewed: February 29, 2012

Strengths:    Plush yet don't dive through all their travel on steep, rocky trails

Weaknesses:    errrrr nothing so far, I'll give them another 20 hours or so then find out!

Bottom Line:
Only 6hrs on them so far, but first impressions very good. Very plush, like old school Z1 plush, yet don't blow through their travel. I'm 11 stone so only running them with 40psi and the air chamber full open. Very strong, with absolutely no unwanted flex when cornering hard or slamming it down through twisty rock strewn trail. I did a few laps of our local hard test piece (Laggan black trail) yesterday and was grinning like an idiot at the extra speed I was hitting sections at, by the end of the afternoon I was getting 119mm travel. Weighed with a 220mm steerer (kept long as it's a demo) they come in at 1990gms, which interestingly is only 120gms heavier than my old 80/100 QR Rebas. Variable lock out goes from solid, to moving when hitting bumps (like a Terralogic Fox) effective and simple. Seems like Marzocchi are now a viable option to RS / Fox - oh and best thing, a three year warranty! I'll give them another 20hrs or so and see how they fare.

Favorite Trail:   anything steep woodsy and rocky.

Purchased At:   Bothy Bikes

Similar Products Used:   Rs Rebas 100mm and will try Fox / Revelations after these.

Bike Setup:   Carbon Tallboy, 70mm stem and Niner 710 flat carbon bars. Reverb, Stans Arch rims, Nevegal, tubeless front (20 psi) and Ardent rear, tubeless (25psi) XTR / XO drivetrain, Formula R1's.

Submitted by mtbmitch2 a Cross Country Rider from Boise

Date Reviewed: December 11, 2011

Strengths:    very smooth action, very little stiction. when hit mid size bumps there is very little rearward flex compared to a fox fit. The fork is set up for 140mm travel. Small bump compliance is great. The Marzocchi 44 Micro ti has the same
quality ride that a motorcycle fork has, rare to find this in a reasonable light fork. Weights 4 pounds 2 ounces with steer cut to 7 inches.

Bottom Line:
Buy this fork and you will enjoy riding your 29er even more.

Favorite Trail:   Dry Creek

Purchased At:   huck en roll

Similar Products Used:   fox fit 120 with 15mm axle for 1.5 years and had been modified to work better than the stock form

Bike Setup:   2010 Turner Sultan with nice components

Submitted by RandyBoy a Weekend Warrior from Mammoth Lakes, CA

Date Reviewed: August 11, 2011

Strengths:    Adjustable 140mm on down to 120 or 100mm. Smooth as butter like Marzocchi was known for in the past. Fully adjustable from linear to progressive with changes in the micro Ti feature or changes in the volume of the oil in the oil bath side of the fork.

Weaknesses:    Weight, a little heavy at 4.5 pounds, but that's the price one pays for a full oil bath system and the performance level of dampening and lack of stiction that only it can provide, compared to any air shock. Needs routine maintenance, like 1x a year tear down to change out the oil in the oil bath, common with a fork with this high level of performance.

Bottom Line:
When set up right, or by Ronnie or Mike at Marzocchi North America, this fork is in a league of it's own for it's price point, and adjustability / tubeability features. Marzocchi forks are synonymous with "SMOOTH AS BUTTAH". Believe it!

Favorite Trail:   Suicide

Purchased At:   Chain Love

Similar Products Used:   Manitou Minute, Fox.

Bike Setup:   Niner WFO, also demo'd on a Niner RIP.

Submitted by ARCSAT a Cross Country Rider from orange

Date Reviewed: May 5, 2011

Strengths:    Bought this fork with my Niner WFO frame from Niner in Sept of 2009. Was never happy from the beginning with all the problems I had. I didn't have the full travel I was supose to have. Then parts wore out inside and broke. I spoke to Ronnie at Niner and he said sent it back to them in Ca. I have a three year warranty. So a year and a half later they looked at it and determined that it was some freaky problem from the begining. Maybe I was the first one of the assembly line but they agreed to make me happy. And they did. They sent me a 2011 shock at not charge all custom tuned to my weight and riding style. They even sent me all the old extra parts like the air cap that you sometimes lose and knobs that break off when you hit a rock . So all that was worth the $40 shipping and 2 week turn around.The shock is like butter when pumped to 50psi pre load and don't bottom out. It still has that DO NOT USE FOR FREERIDE/DOWNHILL Sticker on the side of it. I don't understand that as what would you use a 5.5 inch shock for? Probably a disclaimer. Anyway perfection at last. just took 1.5 years. Thanks Ronnie in case you read this.

Weaknesses:    Right now I don't see any. If the fork stays the way it is then there are no weaknesses.

Bottom Line:

With this fork I now have my do everything bike. The fork is so important. Your hands and arms are the first thing to notice any problems. If the forks not right then everything else is means nothing.

Favorite Trail:   Trumbul, the ledge

Purchased At:   From Niner Bikes OEM

Similar Products Used:   Manatou, Rock shocx, Fox

Bike Setup:   Niner WFO 29er. Riser bars, Fox 5 air, KS 125 mm drop seat post

Submitted by ARCSAT a Cross Country Rider from Orange,ct

Date Reviewed: October 15, 2009

Strengths:    Tapered steer tube makes it nice and stiff.My Niner WFO uses the tapered steerer Nice looking. Mine is black

Weaknesses:    Was suppose to be 140mm as advertised. OEM model for this bike from Niner is shipped 140mm. Mine and all the ones that Niner got from the factory are only 120mm at best. Mine was only giving me 114mm of travel with 40 psi of air in the shock. This was the amount of air I needed to make it compress for me. Any more and it was to stiff. All of Niners shocks in stock were the same as mine. Called Marzocchi and they could not help me except to send it back to them at my expense and time. They did tell me how to take it apart to check for a possible spacer inside but there was non inside. Bike shop called the service center for me and the man who answered told him that the most I would see is maybe 130mm of travel. I am not happy with 120 or 130mm. I bought 140 and got 114 after setting up the shock for my weight. Don't buy this shock if you are looking for a long travel fork It is mis advertised. They do not make a 140 mm shock. Its 120mm with 50psi in it and thats if you weigh 200lbs. Putting more air in the shock makes the Ti negative air spring comprss and make it look like you can get140 mm of travel but when you put 85 psi in it you basically lock the shock out so it cannt compress! I didn't order a 140mm rigid fork. Thats what it is at 140mm. useless. I was able to reverse engineer this shock by cutting parts and replacing with different parts. I got it to work the way I want but nobody can do this except for me. I now have a brand new shock thats out of warranty. If any breaks or cracks they( i am sure) are not going to warranty it after they see the mods I have made to make this work for me. However, its fantastic and everything I was looking for after doing what i did to it.

Bottom Line:
Don't buy this shock if you are looking for 29er 140mmshock. It falsely advertised to get you to buy it instead of a quality 29er Fox shock. It has no more travel than the Fox or Manitou. I spent useless hours on the phone with Marzocchi who know nothing about this new fork they sell. Maybe they will figure it out after enough buyers complain. They told me that they had not gotton any other complaints and that I was the first one. Really? Funny how I am always the first one for everything. Buy the way. I am a Mechanical Engineer and know a little about stress, strain and mechanical advantage.

Favorite Trail:   IndianLedge in Trumbull,CT

Purchased At:   Bike Shop

Similar Products Used:   Fox RLC, Manitou Minute, Rock Chock Totem and many others.

Bike Setup:   2010 Niner WFO form Niner

SPAM paid: Marzocchi 44 Micro Ti QR15 29er w/ tapered steer tube

MTBR AD [URL="http://classifieds.mtbr.com/showproduct.php?product=53329&cat=8"]HERE[/URL]Read More »