DVO Diamond 29er Forks

• Wheel Size: 27.5", 29" Options
  • Axle: 15mm QR

Submitted by Joules a All Mountain Rider

Date Reviewed: May 4, 2016

Strengths:    Damping is just about perfect
OTT negative spring lets you fine tune preload without problem-prone dual air or having to take apart the fork

Weaknesses:    Tire clearance
A lot more expensive than its competitors

Bottom Line:
This is for the 29" non-boost version:

The damper is the best I've ever ridden. It just works, controls the spring, not at all spikey... I don't think I really understood what people meant by "arm pump" till I rode this fork and realized how much I was getting on my various RS and Fox forks.
OTT, once the seals are broken in is amazing. Fixed negative springs don't work for anyone who's not average weight. Solo air works ok, but offers no fine tuning options (you have near-zero preload if you want it or not). The old dual air worked but was failure prone.
The black on black finish looks nice. The kind of thing where if someone knows what's up, they know what it is, but it doesn't scream 'look at me'

now the bad: tire clearance. A 2.4" Geax Goma rubs on the arch. A 2.3 WTB breakout barely clears - if I pick up any mud/dirt it rubs. This is supposed to be an enduro fork, that little clearance is ridiculous; and in spite of how much I like the suspension, I can't really recommend this fork because of it.