X-Fusion Slant RL2 2014 Forks

4.5/5 (2 Reviews)

• The RL2 damper has rebound damping adjustment and uses an on-off switch for lockout.
  • LockX 15mm Axle
  • Brake housing guides

Submitted by thenry a All Mountain Rider

Date Reviewed: September 23, 2015

Strengths:    great small bump compliance, does not blow through it's midstroke, flex free, great value, very smooth action

Bottom Line:
I am using an x fusion slant set to 130 mm and 27.5 wheel size on a Santa Cruz 5010 CC. I am blown away by this fork. I purchased it for $300.00 and it feels better than my rockshox rev that was twice as expensive. The suspension action was buttery smooth right out of the box. I kept letting more and more air out of it expecting it to blow through the mid stroke and that didn't happen. What did happen is the fork started soaking up small trail chatter as well as tracking aggressively through anything else I can put it through. The lockout is very solid and the rebound dampening works extremely well also. The positive clicks on the red rebound knob allow you to dial this fork in. This is the best fork that I have ever owned. This is also the least expensive fork I have ever purchased. More people should give x Fusion a chance. I was nervous purchasing the fork as there was not a lot information about it. I can't speak to durability of the fork as I have not owned it for very long. I will say the quality of the components is top notch. I have put it through smooth twisty single track, Steep rocky downhills and everything in between. This fork holds a line like nothing I have ridden before.

I know a lot of people get hung up on the name brand of something, but, If you want a great fork at an amazing price, try an x-fusion.

Favorite Trail:   I love them all

Similar Products Used:   Rockshox, Manitou, Fox,

Bike Setup:   Santa Cruz 5010 cc v1 with 130 mm travel up front

Submitted by westeast

Date Reviewed: August 27, 2014

Strengths:    Price, quality, customer service, adjustability

Weaknesses:    none so far

Bottom Line:
Picked up an rl2 for a great price. I had a few questions about adjusting the travel and the few phone calls into xfusion yielded a real person in know time who quickly answered my questions. The fork seems to be of a very high quality. I don't have a ton of time on the fork yet, but performance seems very good so far. Overall I'm impressed with my first xfusion experience.

Check out hottest mountain bike products from these brands!