RockShox XC 32 TK 2014 Forks

Submitted by Stephen

Date Reviewed: April 29, 2014

Strengths:    Plushish, sturdy, adjustable, as a coil fork it works great for small bumps and its got that great price!

Weaknesses:    The fork feels rather heavy at times and the rebound does not feel like it has enough power to make a significant change.

Bottom Line:
I have this fork on my '14 Trek Fuel EX 5 and at first I didn't really like it but after I had tuned it in for my weight and took it for a couple test rides it was great! Defiantly the fork's strong side would be small bumps which it will eat but it uses its travel very quickly (the only thing I miss about a air spring beside the weight) like with large jumps and such, overall though, it still is a great beginner fork much better then the Suntour XC line that normally comes on beginner bikes.

Submitted by erickxcr a Weekend Warrior

Date Reviewed: November 11, 2013

Strengths:    Value, solo air, rebound adjustable, 15 mm maxle

Weaknesses:    A tad heavy, short term review still to early to post long term reliability.

Bottom Line:
I'm, reviewing the model that came on my 2014 rockhopper pro evo.
32mm stanchions
Solo air
15mm maxle
Turnkey damping
Rebound adjustable .
Light years better than the suntour xc that came on my previous bike, feels like a front fork should feel on the trail !
The 15mm maxle makes the front wheel feel solid under trail conditions, over roots and when powering into a turn.

Favorite Trail:   Snowhill/soldiers creek florida

Duration Product Used:   2 weeks

RockShox XC 32 TK Coil to Solo Air Conversion

I looked at the parts diagram and it looked like a drop in replacement. I purchased the RockShox XC32 Spring Internals Left 26/29 120 Solo Air replacement part, but have encountered an issue with the install. When I install the Solo Air it doesn't fully seat so I can't engage the threads on the top ... Read More »

Recon Silver TK Coil OR XC 32 TK?

Facing a bit of a crossroad with purchasing a new front fork. My existing RS Pilots gave up the ghost on the weekend after landing too heavily on the front of the bike - not a bad run considering their age. Now I am looking at upgrading from that pogo slush feeling to something that performs bett ... Read More »