RockShox XC 32 TK 2013 Forks

The RockShox XC32 TK suspension features the high performance found in its more expensive siblings, without the extra cost. The XC32 TK is stiff and performance oriented. This version of the XC32 features PopLoc. Lockout your fork at a m...

Submitted by ra21benj a Weekend Warrior

Date Reviewed: October 23, 2014

Strengths:    Price, durability, and adjustable travel, rebound, & preload.
Great upgrade for old mountain bikes.

Weaknesses:    Weight. My fork has coil spring, V-brake mounts, and steel steerer tube.

Bottom Line:
Got this fork to replace my old 60mm fork on my 1996 chromoly hardtail GT. This fork’s spring assembly has 3 settings (holes) on the spring rod. Top hole is for 120mm travel, middle for 100mm, and bottom for 80mm. I had it adjusted to 120mm travel at my local bike shop with the stock medium spring.

At first the fork felt a little stiff (I weigh less than 150 lb). After taking small jumps and riding more aggressive, the fork feels good because the stiffness keeps you from bottoming out and gives better feedback on what the front wheel is doing.

My GT headtube angle is now 67 degrees with 120mm travel spring setting, which is similar to today’s all-mountain/enduro bikes. My old bike is now faster and a lot more fun. I liked this fork so much I bought one for my dad's 1999 Specialized FSR.

Purchased At:   Online

Bike Setup:   1996 Chromoly GT Timberline hardtail.
Gravity Dropper Descender seatpost 2 inch multi drop
Chromag Cutlass bars 730mm
Chromag Hifi Stem 50mm
Chromag Trailmaster dt saddle
Shimano PD-MX80 pedals (Saint)
Shimano Deore V-brakes