RockShox Sektor RL 2013 Forks

4.5/5 (2 Reviews)

The RockShox Sektor RL is the perfect example of RockShox’s trickle down technology. The Sektor features the performance and chassis of the Revelation with the price tag that you won’t believe. The Sektor Dual Position Coil f...

Submitted by obs08 a All Mountain Rider

Date Reviewed: June 11, 2014

Strengths:    looks good, got it at a killer price, 15mm axle is easy to use, rides like a caddy

Weaknesses:    wish it had remote lockout but not that big of a deal

Bottom Line:
I picked this up on sale for $300. I had an air fork before that gave me nothing but problems so I was dead set on coil. it surprisingly didn't weigh much more than the marzocchi air. mounted up to my on one 456 with no problems, took it for a spin and omg, this thing is amazing. I wasn't expecting such a vast difference but this fork is worth every penny. its quiet over the big hits, responds nicely, even with 150mm travel it climbs well too. lots of rocks and roots where I live and this handles all of them no problem. wouldn't not hesitate to recommend or purchase again. came with a complete rebuild kit too!

Purchased At:   jenson

Bike Setup:   on one evo 456 II, sektor rl, azonic outlaws, 1x10 steel hardtail trail tamer

Submitted by Ray

Date Reviewed: October 7, 2013

Strengths:    Surprisingly good fork. Very plush, fairly stiff, and responsive.

Weaknesses:    Limited adjustments, won't win the "biggest loser" award.(To be fair it is a very inexpensive fork, you can't expect 1,000 dollar performance for 400 bucks.)

Bottom Line:
It came with the Giant Trance 27.5 3 I just bought. Having a Trance 29er 1, I purchased the 27.5 3 with plans on upgrading it over time. I could not justify the 1 model even tho it's a great value. I thought one of the first things that has to go is the fork. I could not believe the performance on its first trail ride. It performed admirably. It is a very good fork for the money. Very plush and responsive without being dull, certainly did not feel like a 400 fork. I must say, subjectively speaking, it felt more responsive than my Fox CTD with less flex. Because your limited on adjustment you have to nail down Sag to personal preference and effects the overall performance of the fork more so than on a fork that you can "tinker" with. Overall very good fork.