RockShox Lyrik RC2 DH 2013 Forks

• Upper Tubes: 35mm, 7000 series striaght wall aluminum
  • Maximum Rotor Size: 210mm

Submitted by alex

Date Reviewed: November 2, 2013

Strengths:    Torsionally stiff, lightweight (for 170mm travel), plush. Adjustable high and low speed compression damping.

Weaknesses:    No way to lower front end when climbing.

Bottom Line:
I bought this fork to put on my six inch travel all-mountain bike. I pedal up everything- no shuttling or chairlifts. I needed a straight steerer for my old kona stinky frame and this fit the bill. After riding it all summer, I have to say that I love this fork. It is not as plush as a coil spring fork, but it is almost as good, and much lighter. It has rebound adjustment and two compression adjustments: high and low speed. "Speed" in this case refers to how fast the fork is moving through its travel, NOT how fast you are riding. So you can turn low speed compression up to keep the fork from diving when you hit the brakes, but leave high speed compression soft so the fork will be supple for big hits. My only gripe about this fork is that I can't lower the fork when climbing, and at 170mm of travel, it is pretty raked out. But its not called Lyrik RC2 "UH" so I can't really complain. This fork rips on the "DH".

Check out hottest mountain bike products from these brands!