Magura TS8 R 2013 Forks

4.33/5 (3 Reviews)

Onwards and upwards is the theme for 2013 for our Team Suspension. The new Suspension Fork Range features a new design, a new name and new internal componentry. 80 mm, 100 mm, 120 mm travel.

Submitted by kustomz a Weekend Warrior

Date Reviewed: July 27, 2015

Strengths:    This fork has a butter smooth stroke with a very progressive ramp-up in the dampening as it sinks into the travel. It seems to have the weight of most 100mm forks in a 120mm package. Even though it is not advertised as such, the fork does have adjustable travel by way of clip adjustments internally.

Weaknesses:    The bushings are a bit weak in the fore and aft control effort and could possibly benefit from a longer length bushing with more surface area contact. The stickers are very thin and delicate with tears and marks evident after the first few rides. The rebound adjustment knob is overly stiff and hard to turn.

Bottom Line:
This is a very smooth fork with great braking control and axle stiffness. The fork could be just what your hardtail 29er really needs in the way of affordable control.

Purchased At:   Left Lane Sports

Similar Products Used:   This fork replaced a very harsh feeling RockShox SID RLT.

Bike Setup:   On-one Scandal with 1x10 drivetrain

Submitted by bongski

Date Reviewed: July 2, 2014

Strengths:    Stiff, Light, and easy.
Great damping.
T-25 axle tool.

Weaknesses:    Dual arch makes it hard to clean seals.

Bottom Line:
This fork was used on a Transition Trans am 29er and it had the 15mm axle.
I was worried about the T-25 tool popping out but I've never had any problem losing it.
At first I used the Air pressure recommended, but I found it too harsh on a hardtail and never used the full compression.
I dropped it down about 12 psi and found bliss.
I was worried that a "Cross Country" fork would be blowing through it's travel too easily especially with my riding style but it suit me perfectly

Similar Products Used:   Fox 32 CTD 120mm

Submitted by Shawn a All Mountain Rider

Date Reviewed: June 25, 2013

Strengths:    You don't notice the fork working because it is so smooth in all areas. Small bump compliance - fantastic; big hits (relatively speaking) - outstanding; high speed performance - unmatched; low speed technical; best i've ridden; easy to set-up and dial in your ride - silly easy; stiffness - pretty unbelievable for a 32; weight - you can check that for yourself, but right there with the best of them; price - lowest among what could be considered any true competitors.

Weaknesses:    Clearance on the non-disc side to hub is a little tight.

Bottom Line:
Buy it if you're considering anything in it's class. It is the best fork you can get, it is the cheapest fork you can get, it is almost the lightest fork you can get.....

My stats: 5'8", 150lbs, smooth rider, technical northeast coast riding. Current bike is a 2012 Stumpjumper FSR Carbon Evo (for reference, previous and other bikes in the stable: 2003 & 2004 Intense Uzzi SLX - one built for AM, one built for DH/FR (the SLX was a bike ahead of it's time), Specialized Enduro, Gary Fisher Sugar, Huffy (: and Haro BMX's, Specialized Roubaix)

I was a little worried buying a fork from a relative newbee. I've owned Marzocchi (bomber and 66); Fox talas 32, 140mm; Fox 36 talas; Fox float 32 CTD; Rock Shox SID world cup; Rock Shox Psylo; Manitou (forget which model - blocked that experience from my memory ; ). Most have been good to great forks. The Magura TS8 R 150 is the best performing fork I've owned. I'm honestly surprised. I bought it based on stellar reviews from everyone who review it - pro's and regular folk like us (I haven't found a bad review yet). It did not disappoint. I ride Lynn Woods, MA most often, . A brutal, technical place - think All-mountain, meets trials, meets DH - in other words, mountain bike heaven (it even has plenty of XC trails too). I mix in some local mountain DH and some flowy single track. So I've taken this fork through its paces, and it has outperformed all of the forks I have owned in all situations.

The only caveat is that I am not dropping anything over four feet anymore (old age = broken bones stay broken). With that said, the TS8 feels better at four feet than either the Fox 36 or the Marz 66. The progressive stroke on this fork is truly perfect. I never feel like I've blown through all my travel -it feels bottomless, yet small bumps are swallowed up. It really performs unbelievable at both ends of the suspension world. It is the perfect fork.

Favorite Trail:   the former "Bow Ridge" trail

Duration Product Used:   over 3 months

Purchased At:   Ebay

Similar Products Used:   Marzocchi (bomber and 66); Fox talas 32, 140mm; Fox 36 talas; Fox float 32 CTD; Rock Shox SID world cup; Rock Shox Psylo; Manitou (forget which model - blocked that experience from my memory ; ).

Bike Setup:   2012 Stumpjumper FSR Carbon EVO, SRAM XX1 group (also a great product), Roval SL wheels