Fox Shox 32 Float 100 CTD Fit 2013 Forks

The Fox 32 Float 29 100 CTD-ADJ FIT 15QR 1.5T showcases Fox's CTD technology, with longer negative springs, yielding more usable travel and needing less break-through force to activate the suspension.

Submitted by Chicofernandez a Weekend Warrior

Date Reviewed: July 10, 2014

Strengths:    Before it failed, It was relatively plush and stiff for a 29" fork with the 15mm axle, kashima and tapered steerer tube. Came on my 2013 Santa Cruz Tallboy C.

Weaknesses:    Not sure I ever got the full 100 mm of travel. The fork completely failed by twisting at the crown/stanchion interface on a cross country ride (all I do). I am a 165 pound, 45 year old. No excuse, other than poor workanship/quality control, for this failure to happen. Fox customer service has been unhelpful, saying that "mountain bike parts fail all the time - tough luck. Buy a new fork." I expected better from a fork at this price point.

Bottom Line:
I didnt find much use for the CTD feature. i want pluch all the time, so my fork was always in descend mode. I am not fast enough uphill to worry about lockout.
No way for me to recommend this fork. The crown failure left the fork useless The crown , the stanchions and the lowers need to be replaced - which is more expensive than a new fork.