Fox Racing Shox 32 F100 Terralogic Fit 2013 Forks

4.67/5 (3 Reviews)

The completely redesigned Terralogic inertia valve senses changes in terrain, instantly providing optimal firmness for maximum pedaling efficiency, or full, plush travel for worry-free front-end control.

Submitted by Sotiris a Cross Country Rider

Date Reviewed: October 10, 2013

Strengths:    It is better than 2011 model and works easier, something like reduced friction. It is easy to set up. Also the 2013 use the hole travel in addition to previous model.

Weaknesses:    Lets talk about weight. The 2011 with uncut steerer was 1.57 kg QR9mm version 1 1/8. The 2013 with uncut steerer weighs 1.62 kg but is the QR15 version including axle,1 1/8 also. Both are weighted on the same Park tool DS1 scale. Both forks were 100mm 26',but the first was 80-100 stallion,I dont know if the new is 80-100 or 100-120.The Fox 15 thru axle weighs 79 gr. Its not a light fork,specially for its price...

Bottom Line:
The well known issue with noisy Fox forks seems it doesnt changed with kashima coat. My 2011 model was send to Fox 4 times for steerer-stallion change. The 5th time I had the same problem recently,the fork changed with a new, luckily with a 2013 model with 15 thru. I am very happy with customer service from Fox in Greece. But this is not good for Fox. Lot of people avoid those forks not only for price rate but for this problem too. Anyway, the newer model is plusher and seems like the seal friction is less than before. I read somewhere that they have changed the seals for 2013 with SKF, might this is a main reason for that. Also the fork now use the hole travel and feels better, thats true! The kashima volor seems darker gold than on previous stallions. In terms of stiffness I can compare them due to different axle system. The only thing I can say is that I was happy with QR9 stiffness but 15 thru is something else....The main difference is when you pass over obstacles,and in more precise brake feeling. For someone that cant feel those 'tiny' things, I could say that he is going to feel more hit on his hands due to increased stiffness. In conclusion, YES I would recommend that fork to everyone! If you are thinking to buy it,have in your mind that is more race dedicated according to lotof people and the CTD version is cheaper and might be more trail dedicated.

Similar Products Used:   Rockshox Reba XX, Fox terralogic 2011

Bike Setup:   26' hardtail with XT components

Submitted by RMillet a Cross Country Rider

Date Reviewed: September 2, 2013

Strengths:    Ride Quality

Bottom Line:
I put 250 miles on my friend's AIR9 with this fork. With minor piddling (air pressure), and couple trial rides with different settings on the terra-logic I found my sweet spot. This fork is stupid good/amazing. On smoother trails and climbs it feels locked, as soon as you hit a bump it's active.....the inertia valve is amazing. Even climbing (out of saddle) at a decent pace it feels locked, then activates on roots/rocks. This really is an amazing fork.......my CTD model feels really good in trail mode, similar to this but not quite as efficient.

Once it's set up, go ride, no lockout switches etc. to fool with, this thing reacts correctly, instantaneously. Really is a sick fork!!

Duration Product Used:   250 miles

Similar Products Used:   RL32, RL32 CTD

Bike Setup:   Fuji Tahoe 1.1 29er.

Submitted by spookyload a Cross Country Rider

Date Reviewed: June 13, 2012

Strengths:    Stiff 32mm stanchions
Kashima coating

Weaknesses:    Price
Swapping between non-terralogic and standard forks

Bottom Line:
Bought this blind. Had never ridden a Terralogic fork before buying it. I liked the idea of it's concept as I don't like reaching down to lock a fork out and when I do, my attention span is so short I often forget to unlock it. I have a good working knowledge of forks and have serviced my forks since I started MTB riding, but have no idea how this works. That being said it does work.

My first ride I set it to the softest terralogic setting. In that setting it feels like a normal fork. I wanted to get used to the new travel since my prior fork was a 80mm fork. Performance was better than my PUSH'd F80 it replaced. I think this is due to the new Kashima coating they are using and the low friction seals.

Second ride was the trial adjustment ride. I went with what they called the race setting which is zero to four clicks from the firmest platform. I set it at four. It was disconcerting at first because riding along, it feels like a rigid fork. The only indication the fork is traveling is the o-ring movement, and I was constantly pushing it down. It was very cool standing on a fork and having a firm platform, then taking a drop and having the fork give just as they should. After two hours on the bike, I found a nice normal ride setting of six clicks from full firm, but I can see races being two clicks from full firm.

Honestly I can't see the purpose of the in between settings. Either you need a terralogic for the firmness, or you want to go full squish for a nice plush day of riding. The settings in between didn't seem useful. As mentioned in the Weaknesses above, I think riding this a lot and then switching to my F100 RLC on my other bike will be very noticable. I can switch between 2x10 and 3x9 without much thought, but this fork rides so much different than a RLC.

I posted lots of pics in the Shocks forum if you want to see it.

Favorite Trail:   Anywhere in Germany