Suntour Raidon RLD 2012 Forks

Suntour Raidon RLD Forks - 15mm QLR. Forks - Suspension.

Submitted by Ed a Weekend Warrior

Date Reviewed: July 17, 2013

Strengths:    Small Bump Absortion, Seemingly endless travel. Very stiff

Weaknesses:    Bushing play. Weight (compared to other air forks)

Bottom Line:
I bought this fork for my Trail 29er after being extremely dissatisfied with the new 2013 Rockshox Reba RLT Solo-Air's extreme lack of small bump absorption. Also, I like the affordability of this 120mm travel air fork. Unlike the Solo-Air forks, this fork absorbs all of the small bumps on the trail, making the ride feel like I'm on a cloud. Setup is exremely easy as well w/ lockout if you wish.

I menitoned before there is play in the bushings. The play is considerable, I'm not gonna lie. At first I thought my brake caliper or headset was loose, but it is just how the fork is. However, I will say that while riding I have never noticed this at all. The moment I fell in love with this fork was after landing a jump and then immediately having to scrub speed before a harsh corner, it was still absorbing all the roots and rocks on that extremely rough trail.

While I can't speak to the longevity of this fork quite yet, my impression after several rides is that I love this fork and I would definitely recommend it to others.

Favorite Trail:   Clemson, SC

Duration Product Used:   6months

Purchased At:   Silver Comet Cycles

Similar Products Used:   Rockshox Reba RLT 29" Solo-Air, Rockshox XC32 TK (coil), Rockshox SID Dual-Air, Marzocchi MZ Comp (Suntour XCM), Rockshox Duke XC

Bike Setup:   Frame: 2012 Origin8 Scout 29er
Fork: SR Suntour Raidon 29er
Drivetrain: Shimano SLX Shadow+ 1x10
Wheels: SLX Hubs laced to Inferno 27 rims
Cockpit: Origin8 with ProSweep Bars

Advice on Suntour Raidon RLD Air Forks Please

GDay, I have had my eye on the RockShox Recon Silver Coil forks as the replacement for the Pilot Air on my old GT, however I have also spotted this within a similar price bracket: [URL="http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/Models.aspx?ModelID=52727&utm_source=myshopping&utm_medium=cpc&utm_term=S ... Read More »