RockShox Reba RL Dual Air 2012 Forks

4.6/5 (5 Reviews)

Bike shops love Reba. And everybody else, too. Reba is super consistent, durable and....

Submitted by Mr Pig a Weekend Warrior

Date Reviewed: April 25, 2015

Strengths:    Perfect!

Weaknesses:    None.

Bottom Line:
It takes a bit of trial and error to find the best air pressures and rebound settings but there are plenty of people online giving advice on that. Once the forks are dialed in though they are just great!

It's unusual to find products that you feel can't be improved on.I'm sure more skilled, epic riders would quickly find their limitations but for mere mortals like me they are amazingly good. It's hard to get a balance between a plush ride over low-speed rocky climbs and firm stability at high-speed battering down rough trails, round berms and over the humps but the Rebas pull it off. Soak up the chatter on the way up yet seem to firm up when you hit them hard so they don't dive too badly under braking or kill the front end over little jumps and drops.

I've used them for a year and so far no issues, still hold all the air you put in them. Pretty much nothing to complain about. I've bought a Solo Air version for my other bike so here's hoping I can get similar performance out of that. Haven't managed it so far...

Submitted by norco nitro 6.1

Date Reviewed: April 26, 2013

Bottom Line:
Am after fitting 26x2.4 tyres, will they fit on the reba rl

Submitted by Steve NMI

Date Reviewed: July 16, 2012

Strengths:    Smooth action, easy adjustability, nice remote lockout.

Weaknesses:    None yet

Bottom Line:
This is the shock that came equipped on my 2012 Salsa Mamasita so I cant speak to price. It has very good manners off road and on. The airspring adjustment is easy, just remove the screw cap on the left side. The remote lockout is a great feature, quick to lock when you have to pump out a climb or cruising on a smoother surface. It does travel maybe 10% when locked to remove chatter. Overall it is a really nice piece.

Submitted by Eloy Galán

Date Reviewed: June 18, 2012

Strengths:    Buena horquilla similar o casi idéntica que la sid team, cómoda y segura una vez conseguidos los reglajes oportunos

Weaknesses:    Lleva su tiempo ponerla a punto, en las primeras salidas requiere muchos cambios de presiones y de rebote

Bottom Line:
Imposible de conseguir como recambio la tapa de la válvula de la cámara positiva.

Submitted by Bennett

Date Reviewed: May 26, 2012

Strengths:    Amazing ride, perfect rebound and uber smooth stroke. Practical and intuitive remote locking system - Easy to set up and even easier to use.

Weaknesses:    Cost, I bought it on reduction for about £280, but it's rrp is quite steep if you're on a budget like I was. Otherwise I can't fault it!

Bottom Line:
Excellent forks, cannot praise them enough. I bought the 100mm version.I came from Dart 2's so my experience might be a bit polarized but I can definently say they are worth every penny and make we yearn to ride all the time. The remote locking is super easy to set up and took me literally five minutes to do. It certainly isn't the hinderence i thought it would be. The forks do need a bit of adjusting and aren't quite fit and forget but even just roughly changing the pressure, rebound etc instantly creates a brilliant ride.