Marzocchi 55 MICRO TI 2012 Forks

Marzocchi 55 Micro Ti 2012: AER-Ti: single-sided, low pressure air spring system with external air-volume adjustability and an internal Ti-coil negative spring. TST-Micro oil damping: externally adjustable rebound and infinite compression...

Submitted by Old School 43 a Weekend Warrior

Date Reviewed: September 14, 2012

Strengths:    Stiff, Fairly Light, Nice QR20 setup

Weaknesses:    Complete lack of setup instructions, I mean, you have an air to rider weight guide, I guess

Bottom Line:
I upgraded to this from a RLO 44. I'm running the travel at 140mm, Marzocchi upgraded this for me. The fork is pretty nice. It's stiff, tracks nice. The QR20 helps alot with that. It's plush when you stumble on the correct air pressure. I say stumble, because 2 psi changes the whole fork. I went from 68psi, which felt a tad too stiff, down to 66psi and it became too soft and kind of bland. Oh I guess I should mention the volume adjust was set at 5 clicks from full soft. It does change the way the fork ramps up the travel. I experimented with full hard, then backed out all the way to full soft and found a nice medium and keep there. If you've ever played with the oil levels with air forks, this pretty much does the same thing without a teardown. It's a nice feature, but it can't really be done while riding. Well it can but not in tight singletrack. It requires some effort to turn, I break out the 2mm allen key to turn it. If you look at the silver knob under the aircap. There are drilled holes to turn it, it's nice.

My biggest beef has been finding information about how the tst damper works. It has 4 clicks to the lockout (black lever) and a gold knob. It says,"don't ride while the fork is locked out". When I got the rebound set, red knob at the bottom, I turned the gold knob but nothing was happening. I wasn't sure about turning the lockout on. But apparently, that's what you need to do. I run it 1 or 2 clicks in (black lever), with gold knob turned to almost full hard. Overall, it's a great fork. Nice stanchions. No leaks. No problems. Still can't get over $800+ for ANY fork, so only 4 chili's.

Favorite Trail:   Kettle

Purchased At:   Marzocchi USA

Similar Products Used:   Fox, Manitou, different Marzocchi forks

Bike Setup:   Cotic BFe hardtail. Hope, XTR, Syncros, Race Face, Kore

Submitted by Hangtime a Weekend Warrior

Date Reviewed: June 17, 2012

Strengths:    Light weight for a AM to light FR fork. It weighed in at 4.8lbs with a full steer tube on my home scale. Marzocchi claimed 4.76 lbs so Id say the actual weight is accurate to the advertised weight. Set up was easy.

Weaknesses:    None so far.

Bottom Line:
This fork replaced my Van 160 Rc2 and it was intended to save some weight and it did. I wanted to get as close in feel to my old 07, 66 RC2X and after several rides both on XC and FR trails as well as the road this fork is outstanding. I have had a Marzocchi air fork in the past (AM/SL) so set up was not hard at all. I will add another review after a year of use.

Favorite Trail:   Anything in Bend