Manitou Minute Expert 2012 Forks

• Wheel Size: 26”
  • Axle: 9mm

Submitted by Joe Hart a Cross Country Rider

Date Reviewed: March 16, 2013

Strengths:    Cost

Weaknesses:    Weight

Bottom Line:
I am a 200lb + rider and I have gone through some forks. I didn't want to drop over $500 on a front fork so I decided to give the expert a shot. I went with the 100mm travel...let me tell you this has been the best fork out of the box I have ever used. Easy set up...make sure you set the sag, add or let some air pressure out if the shock to get 2cm of sag. This fork improved my trail times immediately.

Favorite Trail:   Repack

Purchased At:   Online

Similar Products Used:   Dart Recon, Dart 3, Fox Float

Bike Setup:   Custom Kona Cowan

Submitted by dubk

Date Reviewed: August 7, 2012

Strengths:    Super plush, very tune-able, 32mm stanchions, $hundreds$ less than Fox, ABS feature so easy to use and great for climbing, good for heavy riders

Weaknesses:    Doesn't come with a star nut but that cost me $2.50 installed

Bottom Line:
Went from a 100mm Manitou Answer to the 130mm Expert. Installed myself and used at 220lbs on medium spring, am now at 205lbs on same spring setting, still really plush. Love the coil spring, ordered the firm to see if there is a difference ($8 why not?). Made me a better rider with more sure-footedness on single track,loves ruts and bumps, can barely feel them anymore. Supposedly less maintenance than Fox. Slightly heavier than Fox but I need to drop weight before the bike does. ABS works well, helps on the climb. Great deal at $280 shipped.

Check out hottest mountain bike products from these brands!