Magura Durin SL 2012 Forks

Technical features| Fix compression damping (Albert SL+) cartridge with optimum, self adjusting race setup. No lockout, no remoteTo save weight. Superstiff 32 mm upper legs. Cold forged Aluminium 6082T6 fork crown. 9 mm safety dropouts (SDO) for perfect hub engagement. All adjuster knobs made of high quality aluminium. Bolted hose guide for judder-free brake hose routing. Adjustment possibilities|Rebound, preload (air pressure). Travel, weight|100 mm: 1,299 g/2.86 lbs Disc mou

Submitted by Frodo1 a All Mountain Rider

Date Reviewed: August 29, 2012

Strengths:    Almost as sensitive as Cannondale´s Head Shocks! Lighter and stiffer than Fox (how could they do that??)

Weaknesses:    non

Bottom Line:
Would be my first choice if I would not use a Lefty. I have tried many forks. I like Fox but Magura´s is just a bit better.

Submitted by Mike Gaskins a Weekend Warrior from Irvine, CA

Date Reviewed: February 28, 2012

Strengths:    Replaced a RocShox Tora on my Specialized and it is night and day. Shock is responsive and noticeably stiffer than the Tora. Just turned the rebound to fastest and charged down a trail with stepped ruts and it just sucked them up. Remote lockout with locked in Sag on uphills helps too.

Weaknesses:    I snapped the clamp on the lockout lever and when I contacted Magura, they cheerfully put a replacement in the mail for me. I can't find anything wrong with the front fork/shock itself.

Bottom Line:
I love Magura. I have read complaints about customer service. It may have been true in the past but I have had remarkable response and care from them. Thinking hard about new MT4 brake upgrade. Because I can.

Favorite Trail:   Whiting Ranch