Fox Shox 36 Talas 180 RC2 Fit 2012 Forks

Anyone worldwide may purchaseThis FOX Racing Shox product, however,The delivery address must be insideThe United States. "Factory" is FOXsTop ofThe line series and gives youThe best-of-the-bestTechnology FOX hasTo offer.TheTalas 180 RC2 FIT fork gives you Kashima coating, FIT dampingTechnology,TALAS adjustableTravel, andThe stiffness of a 20mmThru-axle system. Kashima Coat: Buttery-smooth, Genuine Kashima Coat is available only from FOX Racing Shox. Its distinctive gold color is backed by its

Submitted by roaster

Date Reviewed: August 22, 2012

Strengths:    Stiff, relatively light for a 180mm fork...and HOLY CRAP the kashima makes such a huge difference. I orignally had a 36 160mm on my rig, then upgraded to a 180, made a huge difference, was really happy with the geometry of the bike at that point. The TALAS is key for me, particularly because I climb a lot, and have steep hills in my area, but also really steep decents. When I upgraded to the 180mm, it didn't have kashima. I recently had it serviced by fox, and upgraded to kashima. Incredible difference. I seriously was riding way faster than normal because the fork was so damn smooth, I went down three times on a trail I've ridden probably 150 times...which usually never happens. Awesomeness. Kashima is no joke.

Weaknesses:    None.

Bottom Line:
Get one if you can afford it.

Submitted by iqbbang

Date Reviewed: May 6, 2012

Strengths:    great adjustability
kashima coating
quick release truly is convenient

Weaknesses:    none yet

Bottom Line:
my first experience with air fork. And im very impressed.
The high level of adjustability really lets me tune according to my style and trail.
it also is my first single crown freeride fork and i dont plan on going back to double crown forks anytime soon

Submitted by panzer07 a Weekend Warrior from Fremont

Date Reviewed: February 4, 2012

Strengths:    Super plush, light, stiff and strong. Uses all of the travel on big hits. Black color goes great with kashima leggs! Lower ride ht with the raised dropout axle on fork.

Weaknesses:    The talas system is pretty useless as big get harder to climb when front is dropped down - something to do with vector forces, a lockout would be much better. Adjustments have too many clicks! Cut them down to half and you would still have 12 clicks. Price is sky high unless you get a deal on it.

Bottom Line:
This is a great fork and may be even smoother than the coil version as I have ridden them back to back. It would be perfect if the talas system was dropkicked for a lockout, some of us freeriders like to climb standing up with a locked out fork Fox. Would have got the Float 180 instead but could not deal with lame white color. Maybe 2013 model will have a lockout, great fork would be a perfect fork.

Favorite Trail:   Saw Pit

Purchased At:   Universal

Similar Products Used:   Marz 66, 55, Fox Float, Fox Van 180 and Fox 40

Bike Setup:   2011 Intense Uzzi, all the good stuff to make a 32lbs freeride bike.

Submitted by Transition Bikes!!! a Downhiller from Seattle, Wa, USA

Date Reviewed: July 9, 2011

Strengths:    Plushness, Strength, Adjustibility, Everything

Weaknesses:    None So Far

Bottom Line:
I have only put a couple rides on this fork. But so far its amazing. Ill update this once it have more info.

Favorite Trail:   Just about anything good

Purchased At:   Jenson USA

Bike Setup:   vagrant frame,code brakes, xo drivetrain, saint cranks, 110 headset, revolution 32 wheelset.

Yeti SB66 with 36 Talas RC2 FIT 140-180? Good or bad idea

Would it work? I am wondering if I should be looking for Float with 150mm travel or I can make Talas 140-180 works.Read More »

RockShox Totem Coil 1.5 or Fox Racing Shox 36 Talas 180 RC2 FIT

Building my blindside cant decide on a front fork. Any suggestions or comments? I cant make up my mind i keep hearing different things. I thought it would be best to post here. Mainly riding DH, FR and XC Please help :) THanksRead More »