Fox Racing Shox 36 Van 160 R 2012 Forks

Anyone worldwide may purchaseThis Fox Racing Shox product, however,The delivery address must be insideThe United States.The "Performance" level 36 VAN 160 R has a 20QRThru-axle system and a coil spring which makes it both stiff and plush. 20QRThru-axle system: Dont sacrifice performance by going with a pinner skewer. FOXTeamed up withShimanoTo create an axleThat is extremely light and stiff, in aTool-free design. Youll gain aTon of confidence when youre deep inThe rocks, roots, and ruts. Adj

Submitted by Birdman-X

Date Reviewed: April 17, 2013

Strengths:    On easy terrain it is nice.

Weaknesses:    Blows through travel like no other fork I've ridden.

Bottom Line:

This is for the 180mm verions.

If you weight over 200#'s stay away from this fork.

Even with extra firm yellow springs it blows through all travel on simple rollers and 1.5 foot drops. The springs say they are good for 240#'s+

Fox suggested I buy the RC2 cartridge for $309+shipping. If I wanted the RC2 I would have bought the RC2 to start. Given the way I ride I wasn't too concened with the hi/lo speed compression.

Apparently to make this fork usable you need it. The guy on the phone basically said it is a fork to spec on lower end ($3500 bikes). Don't waste your money on this.

I can only hope that fox states on their website that this fork is not suitable for freeriding and downhill if you weight over 190 pounts.

I'm bashing this fork only. I like my Fox 40 and almost all rear shocks with the exception of the DHX Air.