X-Fusion Vengeance RC 2011 Forks

• Stanchion: 36mm, Aluminum
  • Casting: Magnesium

Submitted by Hidayat a All Mountain Rider

Date Reviewed: September 28, 2012

Strengths:    this fork is stiff. rebound is on top. it tracks beautifully. doesnt bottom too easily.

Weaknesses:    compression is at the bottom..but thats a small niggle. i never adjusted it after my second run. i had to run below the spec recommendation psi to get it running smooth. it wasnt a QR axle.

Bottom Line:
i decided to try this because it managed to get it cheap off ebay. USD300 brand new. i didnt know this fork would be this good. it feels alot like the RS lyrik. i have no complains what so ever about this fork. i think a QR axle would be much appreciated in the newer models but as of now..i have no complains.

Similar Products Used:   fox 36 talas

Submitted by bailout

Date Reviewed: June 1, 2012

Strengths:    Stiff, plush, not "divey"

Weaknesses:    compression knob is at the bottom of fork leg

Bottom Line:
Been running this fork on my AM hardtail for over a year now and I love it in all conditions! For the price, it CAN'T be beat. I normally run it wide open on the compression side and maybe 3-4 clicks of rebound and it is very plush and controlled at high speeds in the rough. I run it with the least LSC because it is smoothest that way and still has very good mid to end-stroke support. Stock HSC tune (I have just the RC model) is also very controlled and plush on drops. It's a little less compliant running over small stuff at low speed when you dial in a decent amount of LSC for more pop on jumps but this is not noticeable at all when riding fast. The days of lusting after $1K+ fork are over for me. I hope they keep the prices competitive on these things because I know my next 160mm fork will be another Vengeance.

Submitted by bluemirage188 a Weekend Warrior from Southbury, CT

Date Reviewed: May 17, 2011

Strengths:    Super smooth travel, air spring, light, ease of setup. Looks awesome, and the build quality of the shock itself is far above big box forks. im a big guy and i have yet to bottom it. Theres a good video of a teardown of the shock on Pinkbike, the internals are impressive for sure. no plastic crap in there like a RS or a Fox. Also it feels the most like coil over any other air shock i've ridden, linear, absolutely no stiction, and the rebound works great.

Weaknesses:    Only one that I can honestly say is a weakness, It does not have a QR axle. It doesnt really matter to me as I dont have to remove the wheel to rack up my bike. Some people will complain about the axle to crown height, i didnt find it much different than my lyrik. the forks smoothness and bottomless feel, far exceeds any wekness here.

Bottom Line:
after a dual chainstay break on the xam, i sold off the suspension (lyrik/vivid coil) thinking i wouldnt fix it, and now that its back together i needed suspension. Rather than spend the $700 or more on a RS, I opted for the x fusion, and I am very glad I did. Fork is awesome, and i would reccomend it to anyone, if you have a chance to ride one definitely do so, you'll be impressed. I know a few guys with 4" xc rigs that rave about the velvet, and now im a beliver too. have yet to try the rear shocks they have, but they look legit too.

Purchased At:   Local Bike Shop