RockShox Tora TK 2011 Forks

• 4-piece bushing system
  • Pocketed aluminum crown
  • Travel 80/100/120mm
  • Damping TurnKey
  • Steerer Options Aluminum 1 1/8"

Submitted by Ken a Cross Country Rider

Date Reviewed: November 5, 2012

Strengths:    Great upgrade from pretty much any stock fork you'll get. Thicker stansions really help the stability and the lockout is clutch for anyone who has the pedal uphill at all.

Weaknesses:    Squeaks some when compressing but nothing crazy.

Bottom Line:
Overall excellent fork for the $$. Would recommend to anyone looking to upgrade a stock fork (dart, suntour...etc) especially for the price!

Favorite Trail:   Pig Trail

Duration Product Used:   2 Seasons

Purchased At:   Bike Tech (Macon, GA

Similar Products Used:   RockShox Dart 1, Suntour

Bike Setup:   Marin Alpine Trail Hardtail

Submitted by Topics64

Date Reviewed: May 8, 2012

Strengths:    Absolutely a great shock for everyday riding and weekend warriors. Simple Adjustments make for quick changes on the fly. I have had this shock on fast rocky downhill and spirited up hill climbing and I am here typing away. Well worth the money unless you have a trust fund!

Weaknesses:    There is no weakness to this shock for less then 200 bucks, so far its held up 100%

Bottom Line:
I would recommend this shock to anyone looking to upgrade a basic stock shock for their mountain bike. Unless you are entering a World Cup Race I would say this shock will keep you smiling from start to finish!

Submitted by SgtBaxter a Weekend Warrior from Baltimore, MD

Date Reviewed: January 6, 2012

Strengths:    Good basic fork

Weaknesses:    Not lots to adjust. Stock medium spring is too heavy for lighter riders like myself.

Bottom Line:
I've really pounded this fork and my bike since I got it at the beginning of last summer, it's held up superbly.

I switched to the soft spring (yellow) as the stock medium spring is meant more for someone in the 170-180lb range and I weight 150. Makes a huge difference.

Also, if you decide to switch springs it's insanely easy. Just unscrew the top cap, unscrew the bottom and compress the fork. The spring pops out of the top. No need to take the fork off the bike, or disassemble the whole fork like the technical manual well tell you to do.

Purchased At:   Stock fork on my bik

Submitted by roatarygiant75 a Weekend Warrior from Pleasant View, TN

Date Reviewed: November 21, 2011

Strengths:    inexpensive upgrade to beginner shock

Weaknesses:    pre-load doesn't seem to make much difference

Bottom Line:
I'm 6' tall and weigh about 170lbs and the suspension works fine for me. I've rented some fancy bikes while traveling and you definitely get what you pay for, but unless you're very big or plan on racing or downhilling, the Tora TK should be fine for you as well.

Favorite Trail:   Montgomery Bell State Park

Purchased At:   jensonusa.com

Similar Products Used:   n/a

Bike Setup:   Giant Rincon hardtail

Submitted by swingsultan a Cross Country Rider from Boise, Idaho

Date Reviewed: October 27, 2011

Strengths:    pretty good fork i guess. most definitely better than any stock fork on any $1000 or below. i got poploc on mine.

Weaknesses:    the sad thing was the site i was on you couldnt get poplock on the fork without brake bosses. UGLY! drives me nuts to have the brake bosses there.

Bottom Line:
Even though the brake bosses are ugly as hell, the poploc is the deal maker for me. the ability to lock and unlock your fork from your handlebars is SUUCCHHH a nice feature to have. you can change your fork in an instant instead of taking the time (dangerously so) to lean over and touch your fork. But yeah nice fork. I've been on runs that trail bike users (im an xc guy) wouldnt dare go down. and this fork (probably HAS bottomed out on full preload (100mm version)) holds up through everything. If you're looking for something other than a stock crap fork (achem..suntour...achem!) this is definetly worth lookin at.

Similar Products Used:   stock suntour crap

Bike Setup:   upgraded 2006 Tassajara

Submitted by tsefreeflow a Cross Country Rider from Arizona

Date Reviewed: October 5, 2011

Strengths:    Will work for a beginner fork I suppose and remote lock-out (popLock)!

Weaknesses:    Broke at 319 miles! squeeky compression strokes, always seems very stiff, but a noticable difference when locked-out!

Bottom Line:
Seemed to be doing fine for the 319 miles I have rode on it. But then tonight, BAM, the spring shot out the top of the tube just when I was going down a slow rocky down hill. Luckily I was but 1 mile from the start of my ride and it was the slow down hill section otherwise I would have been in a world of hurt. The top of that tube (the left one if setting on the bike) has the knob to control preload, and it looked threaded down to the tube. Looks like the threads stripped and the spring shot up and I seriously bottomed out the fork seals due to the sudden zero suspension. I had never messed with any of the knobs as it felt fine on the initial ride and the sag was fine too. Not to mention I really have no idea how to adjust it correctly, but without me messing with any knobs it still broke. I will go back to performance and see what the warranty will do. I will not put this fork back on this bike no matter what comes of it. RockShox Reba or Fox 32 Float for me!

Favorite Trail:   Many

Purchased At:   Performance with Bik

Similar Products Used:   Never used a spring fork before!

Bike Setup:   Fuji Outland 29er 2.0 stock suspension, for now!

Submitted by johnnyb a Cross Country Rider from Fairfax, CA

Date Reviewed: July 23, 2011

Strengths:    Cheap, coil has preload, lockout/compression and rebound controls.

Weaknesses:    Stock coil meant for medium to light weight riders.

Bottom Line:
If you weigh closer to 200 pounds you're going to need a firm to X-firm spring and 5ml of 15 weight oil in each leg. Easy to swap out.

For the price this is a good deal. Like the other review pointed out the lockout knob when turned about 60 percent will give you a little compression control.

I got the X firm spring since I'm about 210 with gear. Plush action but a little too quick for me, have to use lockout for the climbs and rock gardens. Steering isn't precise when you're flopping around!

This is not a Fox fork, but it'll work for now.

Favorite Trail:   Tamarancho

Purchased At:   Universal

Similar Products Used:   Fox RLC, Marzocchi

Bike Setup:   Access XCL 29er, geared 1X9

Submitted by Subaru_Nation555 a Weekend Warrior from Arlington, VA

Date Reviewed: May 19, 2011

Strengths:    Price/value, performs well, lockout, rebound adjustment

Weaknesses:    Noisy, fairly heavy

Bottom Line:
If you're looking for a basic fork then this is a good bet-just don't expect more than that. For just a little more than the Dart 2 fork, this is lighter and will probably prove to be more durable. I previously owned a RS Judy XC from 2001 which lasted more than 6 years. I'm hoping this will do the same.

Purchased At:   Amazon.com