RockShox SID RLT 2011 Forks

• Crown: Forged, Hollow AL66 TV Aluminum
  • Recommended Rear Shock: Monarch and Ario

Submitted by max_lombardy

Date Reviewed: May 11, 2013

Strengths:    Looks, weight, smooth, adjustable

Weaknesses:    Flexy. Like a wet noodle.

Bottom Line:
This fork is sexy as hell but it's scary to ride it into the chunk. I am a 150# XC rider, and I don't really jump (like tops maybe 2' of air on trail features, small drops, etc) but I do ride hard. I rode for 8 years on fully rigid MTBs, and another 5 on hardtails, so I have some good finesse and technical skills (i.e. I don't point and shoot through technical sections). This fork is dangerously flexy, even for a light rider. I could feel the tire rubbing on the inside of the arch, and after a few rides there was a nicely established rut where the knobbies had worn down the paint inside the arch (with 2.1" tires). So yeah, maybe acceptable for the featherweight weight-weenies and super hardcore racers, but for my money, I'll take the 1/3 LB penalty for a FOX. In the long run you're more confident with a stiffer fork, and you can hold better lines, and that = faster.

Submitted by Connor Lilly a All Mountain Rider

Date Reviewed: May 9, 2012

Strengths:    Stiffness, Remote Lockout, Control, Little to no flex

Weaknesses:    Have to be sure to check the air before at least every third ride.

Bottom Line:
I purchased this fork to replaced a 2008 Recon U-Turn that had a broken U-Turn system but other wise was a great fork and I have had it for roughly a year now. I also owned a 2002 Sid Race and a all I can say is wow! This fork is amazing. It's much stiffer than any other Sid fork and still has the light weight construction I hoped for. It was a great improvement over the Recon and for the $426 I paid I couldn't be happier. I would recommend this to anyone who needs a new front fork and is looking for something strong for a good AM or CC riders.

Purchased At:   Local Shop

Similar Products Used:   2002 Sid Race, 2008 Recon U-Turn, 2008 Fox 32 RL float

Submitted by Andrew

Date Reviewed: May 5, 2012

Strengths:    Plush, lots of adjustments. Great value for the money (new one cost me $400). Lightweight, nevertheless strong and stable. Easy to maintain.

Weaknesses:    None so far.

Bottom Line:
I have ridden about 200 km on it already. Great difference with my previous SunTour. Absorbs all the small hubbles, easy to control and drive on bumpy tracks.

Submitted by jpedders a Weekend Warrior from Houston, TX

Date Reviewed: September 2, 2011

Strengths:    Adjustable, adjustable, adjustable... +/- air springs, hi and low speed compression and rebound, lockout

Weaknesses:    None so far...

Bottom Line:
Great forks, light, plush and super adjustable. They were a huge upgrade for me on my old MCM-990. I was riding with an old set of RST Mojo Pros. Next stop, new rear shock...

Purchased At:   eBay

Similar Products Used:   RST Mojo Pro

Bike Setup:   Giant MCM D-990, Rockshox Super Deluxe Rear Shock, Mavic 819 disc, XT-775 brakes, Avid G2 Rotors, XT M737 Crankset and 8-speed cassette

Submitted by zacxy a Cross Country Rider from Malaysia

Date Reviewed: June 5, 2011

Strengths:    smooth, easy to adjust, strong and very helpful for arms, cool looks also very light .

Weaknesses:    nil..

Bottom Line:
the first time use never cant forget the smooth and flying feel even robust surface on trails or

Favorite Trail:   anywhere

Purchased At:   aiex bike pekan nena