RockShox Reba RL 2011 Forks

• Crown: Forged, Hollow AL66 TV Aluminum Forged
  • Recommended Rear Shock: Monarch and Ario

Submitted by S.O.B. a Cross Country Rider

Date Reviewed: December 17, 2012

Strengths:    Price, I paid $325 for a used one here on MTBR in near new condition (knob lockout), then found an amazing deal on Speedgoat for a new one for $349, free shipping (remote lockout)!
Easy to adjust/dial in, easy and relatively cheap to get serviced, and they work.

Weaknesses:    Seems like the lockout slowly stops working after a while. I locked out one of mine to get use to riding with a rigid fork, the fork still had a slight give to it (normal), but then it had a bit more, then a bit more...till eventually there was no lockout. Paid $20 for shipping to have the fork fixed (under warranty) and now it works fine.

Bottom Line:
I have two of these forks (2011 Reba RL's), one on my Niner One 9 and one on a SIR 9 for the past year with only the one lockout problem. I have had two 26" Reba's on older bikes and they lasted for years, with service about every 12-18 months (seal replacement...). Are they better than FOX forks? Probably not, but no worse in my opinion. I have seen both have problems and I have heard owners of both swear by them, so I would get what is cheaper or looks the best on your bike....for me, that was the white Reba RL's. ;)

Favorite Trail:   286 (NC), Auburn SRA