RockShox Dart 2 2011 Forks

2.5/5 (2 Reviews)

The coil spring is a simple, time-tested design with a smooth feel characterized by a linear spring curve.

Submitted by james jeffries

Date Reviewed: November 10, 2012

Strengths:    irons out small bumps for a pretty smooth ride. i bought a 2011 cell mxt-r off a guy who had done 42 road km,and was happy with the performance i got in everyday use.

Weaknesses:    i took my bike with only 42 road km on it to mt annon and with in an hour blow out the lockout side from some small drop offs ,very disappointed i feel i would have gotten better from kmart brand of shocks,because as i bought the bike from a friend the expense is all mine to fix them

Bottom Line:
good for a smooth ride around the block ,very inadequate for anything resembling offroad use

Submitted by buryurfear14 a All Mountain Rider

Date Reviewed: May 9, 2012

Strengths:    Rides great for a budget fork. Lockout is a big plus for commuting. Adjustable!

Weaknesses:    Read the review

Bottom Line:
This fork came with my Motobecane 600HT. It has performed very well considering the price I paid for the bike. I did have an issue with the lockout side of the fork stripping out completely (blow out) after a pretty fast decent turned into about a 3 foot drop. I had it setup correctly and the fork didn't even bottom out. Limped it back to my LBS and they fixed it for me. RockShox warrantied the part ;)! I use to have a rockshox recon on my old ironhorse mkIII comp and it was an awesome fork! Love Rockshox!