Manitou Tower Pro-20mm 2011 Forks

Submitted by jonshonda

Date Reviewed: September 20, 2012

Strengths:    This Review is for the Manitou Tower Expert w/ 15mm TA. Great price, great customer service, tons of tuning options (more than any other fork on the market) and great for a clydesdale

Bottom Line:
I am a clyde who needed a fork that could be tuned to work for me. Based on other reviews I turned to Manitou because the Tower was a proven fork that would work for me. Many different spring options ( mine came with a medium stock, but ordered firm from lbs for cheap) and shim stack tuning make this thing a tinker toy for tuning.

I was able to order the lowers from a 2012 Tower Pro w/ 15mm TA and just swap it over to my fork. The new TA option from Manitou has been flawless. Nice and stiff, with not much flex. I am loving this fork, and for a lot less than Fox, I can't complain.

Submitted by one incredible donkey a Cross Country Rider from Alexandria, VA, USA

Date Reviewed: February 27, 2012

Strengths:    Adjustability, Cost

Weaknesses:    None!

Bottom Line:
Overall this fork is an incredible bargain, and a great alternative to more expensive offerings from Rock Shox and Fox. The Tower Pro is a solid fork with great and simple tuning. I'm not the type of person to want to spend time perfectly dialing in my fork so it's nice having a simple dial on the top of the leg which makes a noticeable difference with each click. I am 200 pounds, and I ride with the stock medium weight spring, and I keep the dampening at three clicks from lockout. I bought a firm spring kit, but I'm a big baby with no mechanical inclination so I haven't braved into the dark waters of fork work. From what I hear, it's easy, but some people say the same thing about calculus.

Favorite Trail:   Fiesta Del Corona

Similar Products Used:   None.

Bike Setup:   It's mated to a Vassago Jabberwocky

Submitted by Steve P a Cross Country Rider from Brighton, MI

Date Reviewed: October 20, 2011

Strengths:    Have 100 mm QR version. Stiff, light and very adjustable. Lockout is awesome and works great. Seems fairly easy to service. Awesome small bump compliance with the coil spring (very similar to the Z2 bam that i rode for years and loved)but plenty of travel for big hits.

Weaknesses:    None yet

Bottom Line:
I purchased this fork as a low cost alternative to the $800 fox and $650 Reba, as I initially planned on switching back and forth btw the ridgid and this fork, but with the lockout feature, i have a ridgid fork at the flip of a switch, so the ridgid is going on eBay. Love this fork and would buy it again in a heartbeat. dont think manitou realizes what it has or it would be priced much higher.

Purchased At:   LBS-matched internet