Fox Shox 40 FIT RC2 2011 Forks

The fork is one ofThe most important weapons in a DH riders arsenal, andThe Fox 40 rulesThem all.The 40 RC2 features allThe essential controls youll needTo go as fast and hard as your bike and bodys limits will allow you--preload, low and high speed compression, and rebound.The 40s coil spring ensures youll get big-hit and small-bump performance, whileThe 20mmThru axle systemTransforms your bike into a rifle--just point and shoot and youll hitTheTarget.These will not last atThis deal! Coil pre

Submitted by MHanslip a Racer from Canberra, Australia

Date Reviewed: December 7, 2011

Strengths:    Stiffness in all directions, adjustability, plush feel

Weaknesses:    Complicated FIT internals, frequent service intervals

Bottom Line:
Thredbo, Stromlo, Whistler, Silver Star, Sun Peaks - these places have rocky, steep, fun, fast, flowy, rough, berms, off-camber, drops, jumps and more. The 40 saved me a few times when I did something stupid. It always kept the front wheel pointed where I wanted. It never had an issue. I pulled it apart after all this riding and the FIT cartridge oil looked brand new. The foam rings and oil loose in the legs looked like mud however - it was time for a service!
They aren't light or cheap, but they do what they are meant to and they do it well.

Favorite Trail:   Skyline

Bike Setup:   OEM supply on SC V10c with SC build kit

Submitted by Hobblyjig a Weekend Warrior from Provo, UT, USA

Date Reviewed: July 8, 2011

Strengths:    Excellent for DH riding. Kashima coating looks nice, is harder to damage, and reduces stiction.

Weaknesses:    Haven't found them yet.

Bottom Line:
I went from a $200 fork to this one, so of course I love it. I only have half a day of riding on it, but since there were no other reviews I thought I'd add my two cents.

I wouldn't have purchased a 2010 Fox 40 due to bladder leaking issues, but now that they have inverted it, the bladder is at the top and my LBS says they haven't had any problems with the 2011.

I got my Fox 40 as part of an amazing deal on my Giant Glory, didn't even come close to paying full price so for me the value is way high.

Favorite Trail:   Sundance