Fox Shox 32 Talas FIT RL 2011 Forks

• Air spring pressure
  • Rebound

Submitted by tgh24 a Weekend Warrior from Silver Spring, MD USA

Date Reviewed: December 12, 2011

Strengths:    Great performance at high and low speeds. Adjustable travel from 140-110 mm wit the turn of a dial.

Weaknesses:    None I can see.

Bottom Line:
90% of the trails I ride are pure XC so my Yeti Big Top 29er sees most of the love. As winter has arrived, frozen trails thawing means slop on the XC curcuit so it is time to head to the mountains of the Frederick Water Shed for some technical, rocky delight! The 120mm fork just wasn't enough travel and at high speeds I found I was working very hard to keep the front tire pointed where I wanted it to be and the amount of travel just wasn't providing a lot of confidence in the sketchier areas. I did the initial ride with the 140mm RL Talas on Saturday and as soon as I headed down the trail I knew things would be different. The fork just soaked up rocks, drops, log crossing, jumps amazingly! Very easy to keep a true line at speed and when crawling along. No stiction from the get go and the ability to switch the talas from 1400 to 110 mm for extendend technical climbs was huge plus. Lead the pack most of the ride up hill and down! As far as not having the luxury of reboud and dampening adjustment, well, I'm not a tweeker by nature, I prefer set and forget components so this does not concern me. The lack of Kishima coating I found undetectable (having it on previous fork)...so yeah, I am VERY happy with the fork. Could have more bells and whistles with the RLC, if that's your thing, but for me, the simpler the better!

Favorite Trail:   Frederick, MD Watershed